What's new

Bloodshot Stressing Self Portraits + Gaming!

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 23, 2012
Messages
3,160
Reaction score
717
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:P
 

Attachments

  • $DSC_0099-1.webp
    $DSC_0099-1.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 156
  • $DSC_0127-1.webp
    $DSC_0127-1.webp
    819.5 KB · Views: 147
  • $DSC_0139-1.webp
    $DSC_0139-1.webp
    499.8 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
I'm going to be a bit blunt here, but don't take it personally:

Stop making excuses. Keep working on it (all the issues you made excuses for) until you get it right, and THEN post and ask for CC.

You might also consider re-sizing your photos down to Earth before you post them so they'll fit a typical screen / browser window. Personally, I think 900-1200 pixels wide or 850-900 pixels tall is plenty large enough for forum display. If someone really thinks they need the full size image for editing to help you with a concept or something, they'll let you know.
 
You should also not refer to yourself as looking "kinda gay" if you want anyone to take you seriously. Disrespectful and tacky.
 
From what I see, and as far as I can tell, your composure seems fine.

Your composition, however is not.

Eye closeup (#1) is too locus-specific. Your eyes might be interesting enough for such a closeup, but I'm guessing that the biggest fans will be your mother and your GF.

Chewing cord (#2) cropped oddly, your left eye is in shadow, and the game controller on the table is distracting. Also your own comment.

Exasperated (#3) is not much of a "portrait", and the main thing I get is you somehow lost the game console or something like that.

Instead of becoming "stressed out", just relax and enjoy the process.
 
to each his own,i like the the first one.....your eyes are the window to the soul (or something like that).I just wish it wasn'nt cropped quite so tight...but not much less........
 
Totally nailed the gay aspect. Well done! Yep, I'm just surprised you're not wearing lipstick to top it off.

1. I don't understand it. Photos of eyes are cliche even when done well. This one is not well well done. There is no light in the eyes.

2. Um...okay? The lighting is okay, the composition is kind of strange/too close but...what...are you...doing?

3. Are your eyes bloodshot because you're stressing about whether to play GameCube or Xbox... I don't get it.
 
Last edited:
Why post images for C&C that you already know are substandard?

Keep shooting and reshooting until you get what YOU think is a keeper before asking for opinions.

If on other hand, you don't know how to get from HERE to a keeper, then ask for that advice, rather than c&c.
 
The photos do not have a point...that should be your first consideration... what am i trying to convey. Work on that first...it is pointless to comment on lighting etc. when the images are not good... look around the web see what others have done then try it out... make a good image to work with first and worry about the technical aspect later.
 
The photos do not have a point...that should be your first consideration... what am i trying to convey. Work on that first...it is pointless to comment on lighting etc. when the images are not good... look around the web see what others have done then try it out... make a good image to work with first and worry about the technical aspect later.

I got some very similar advice on one of my first TPF posts (which actually lead to me leaving the forum for a few months to develop). It's probably the best thing to figure out now, while you're still early in the game.

The first photo, I get what you were going for. Right now, it looks like every other "sad eyes" photo posted by emo kids on their Xanga. Find a photo of eyes (maybe try this google search https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...58,d.dmQ&fp=2523e487b3781aa2&biw=1640&bih=914) that you find inspiring. Figure out the lighting style and study the composition. Add in your emotion and you'll be able to come up with something much better.

The second, I honestly just don't get it.

The third, rather than conveying your thread title, looks more like an add for "Gamers Anon" rather than a struggle with capturing one's self.

By the way, not ignoring your message. Just still think it's funny you called me a "real pro." Flattering and bizarre lol
 
Hahaha, honestly, this is probably the dumbest post I've made. It's just I spent hours taking these photos and came up with nothing. I didn't want it to all be for not so I posted them here hoping I could learn something. As for the gay thing, I meant no disrespect. Perhaps I should have said something Luke oddly erotic.. idk. The photo I like the most is the last one, because you guys got it! It's making a choice about Xbox and GameCube, sorta like the world is moving on :)
 
if you want a worldis moving on pic, stuff em in a box (but recognizable) and get a shot of you pushing (clearly pushing) the box under a bed.

Preferably wearing an angry birds tshirt.
 
Haha, that is an excellent idea!
 
Well...never mind. I'll pass on this one.
 
Haha can we close this thread now? I get it, this is bad :P
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom