Blooper *Hmph*

Scurra

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've recently been thinking about trying some HDR shots and on a recent outing to a park I thought I had found an ideal situation to give it a dry run.... sadly I wasn't properly equipped so ended up hand holding for the bracketed exposure.

HDR3.jpg

I think i'll have to go back and try again with the proper gear (tripod), as I can see some real potential here. Any thoughts and/or advice for next time?

That's almost a very beautiful shot, and certainly a great attempt for a first HDR!

I can't wait to see your shots when you bring the tripod out :)

C.

It is nicely composed shot with beautiful natural look. The green grass, the moving water and the sun glow are good combination. I don't know what HDR is and what it does since I am a wysiwyg guy.

You are almost there really, i think it needs a bit more punch and most HDR's need tweeking afterwards to bring out the range more, but it depends what look you want to achieve.
There is also a bit of motion blur in here, so as you suggested a tripod would help next time.

This version has just had levels and curves adjustments using layer masks in specific areas, as well as a high pass.

HDR3.jpg

From here it can be made either more subtle, or more detailed depending on your tastes. ;)

This version has just had levels and curves adjustments using layer masks in specific areas, as well as a high pass.

Thats really changed the image Arch, it looks much better, thanks for that, i'll have to have a bit more of a tweak when I get up to the location with a tripod.

And Passerby an HDR is High Dynamic Range image. It is actually a series of exposures, I bracketed my exposure so ended up with a normal exposure an over exposure and an under exposure, that when combined produce an image that gives the impression of all areas being exposed correctly. It can lend images a slightly surreal air.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back