What's new

Blooper *Hmph*

Scurra

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 19, 2004
Messages
1,159
Reaction score
10
Location
Kent UK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've recently been thinking about trying some HDR shots and on a recent outing to a park I thought I had found an ideal situation to give it a dry run.... sadly I wasn't properly equipped so ended up hand holding for the bracketed exposure.

HDR3.jpg


I think i'll have to go back and try again with the proper gear (tripod), as I can see some real potential here. Any thoughts and/or advice for next time?
 
That's almost a very beautiful shot, and certainly a great attempt for a first HDR!

I can't wait to see your shots when you bring the tripod out :)

C.
 
It is nicely composed shot with beautiful natural look. The green grass, the moving water and the sun glow are good combination. I don't know what HDR is and what it does since I am a wysiwyg guy.
 
You are almost there really, i think it needs a bit more punch and most HDR's need tweeking afterwards to bring out the range more, but it depends what look you want to achieve.
There is also a bit of motion blur in here, so as you suggested a tripod would help next time.

This version has just had levels and curves adjustments using layer masks in specific areas, as well as a high pass.

HDR3.jpg


From here it can be made either more subtle, or more detailed depending on your tastes. ;)
 
This version has just had levels and curves adjustments using layer masks in specific areas, as well as a high pass.

Thats really changed the image Arch, it looks much better, thanks for that, i'll have to have a bit more of a tweak when I get up to the location with a tripod.

And Passerby an HDR is High Dynamic Range image. It is actually a series of exposures, I bracketed my exposure so ended up with a normal exposure an over exposure and an under exposure, that when combined produce an image that gives the impression of all areas being exposed correctly. It can lend images a slightly surreal air.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom