BLUE HAIR!!!! Edgemicate me!

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Most all my shots of this model in direct sun have a blue tint to her hair, no matter what my feeble attempts to correct! In the shade I have no issue.

_POR5225-Edit by WSG Photography, on Flickr

Is it the natural sheen? I see it in the un-edited file as well. Usually I suffer from green skin, now blue hair!

edit: looking again, it's got a blue tint in the shade too, not quite as prevalent :(

Since re-organizing my flickr the original file with blue hair has been replaced with this newer edit and improved color thanks to the advice given below.

Last edited:
HSL sliders and decrease the luminance and saturation on the blues and purples on the hair.

I think it might be a near-infrared issue with the way the sensor is responding to synthetic hair dyes. What's the camera model? The Nikon D70 and the D2h and the Leica M8 all had near-infrared "issues" on black subjects.

I will check out those sliders again! Doh!! (bangs head on table)

Derrel, the D700. I'm thinking she MUST be using a dye that's got a blue sheen, I've never seen that before!

HSL sliders and decrease the luminance and saturation on the blues and purples on the hair.

Damn I'm dense! I dropped saturation of blue and purple and it fixed it without harm....re-touch time!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back