Blue Moon

otherprof

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was looking at the moon last night, from my deck, and decided to try something stupid - taking a few shots with my a6000 and the 16-50 kit lens. I was surprised by the results, for a couple of reasons. First, I wasn't sure even with the help of the anti shake features I could hand hold that well. And, second, that the moon came out blue in the images. (Cue the record here . . .) Here are a few of the results. They were all shot at f16 and 1/60, with iso's ranging from 500, for the b&w conversion, down to 320 for the last one. These were all shot at 48mm and so are obviously very sever crops. For some reason I can't explain, the uncropped versions won't post. Perhaps they show up as just black and are rejected for that reason? Anyway, that was a fun experiment.

fullsizeoutput_8f1b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_8f18.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_8f19.jpeg

Last edited:
I like your blue moon(s)! The crop and color of the first one has the most appeal to me.

Maybe the file size of the uncropped photos won't allow their loading here...? Have no explanation other than that. You can reduce the file size without cropping if you want to post them for comparison's sake.

I like your blue moon(s)! The crop and color of the first one has the most appeal to me.

Maybe the file size of the uncropped photos won't allow their loading here...? Have no explanation other than that. You can reduce the file size without cropping if you want to post them for comparison's sake.
I I'm sure you are right and feel pretty slow for not thinking of it! I'll try it in a minute or two.

Here is how it came out of the camera. (Thanks, Terri! My brain was addled. I think I assumed because the moon was so small, the file was.)

DSC09024.jpeg

Interesting but number one for me.............

Nice pics. Just curious, do you think they would've been sharper taken with a bigger aper and a faster shutter? Maybe being that wide it wouldn't have mattered.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back