Blurry white chunks

sean Gillespie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Howdy, so I've never done film photography, I picked up a kodak ek 160 and rigged it to take instax film, and I got it working except these huge lines appear and blur the picture. I can't tell what it is but it appears when there is basically no exposure (Left) and when there is a normal amount (Right) I have no idea what is superimposing over my pictures or how to fix it so any insight is helpful
IMG_2735.JPG

Welcome.

Could it be a light leak from the camera door?

Welcome to the forum! =]

Without knowing anything about that particular camera, I'd say it's some sort of mechanical malfunction.

All of your photos show that same issues and to me they look more like developer distribution problems.

One way to test this theory would be to get yourself a 1" piece of wooden dowel, rolling pin or something like it to roll over the photo immediately after it is rolled out of the camera. The developer pocket is the contained on the lower portion of the print, the wider white area. Roll your dowel from the wide print base all the way up to the top, be careful, too much pressure will break the seal around the print edge and squeeze out developer. If done right, you should be able to distribute the developer across the exposed print somewhat evenly.

If you succeed then the two rollers that press out the developer are out of alignment or have too have a gap for the Instax film.

Nothing since July. History I think.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back