weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'd totally crop the first one right down to show the people in between the joists. If I can get a bit of time tomorrow I'll show you what I mean after work, as compositionally that's pretty good. The flat lighting kinda kills it though (maybe a bit of dodging and burning may help) and I think the angle being ftom the height we'd normally expect to see a view from here makes it look kinda ordinary. There's also somthing I can't quite put my finger on here mate, it just looks kinda formal and forced. Maybe someone else with a bit more insight can chime in.

Saying all that I really think you are very close with the first, just note quite hit it. Sorry if that sounds harsh mate, keep shooting and I'm sure you will get there!

OP
dannylightning

dannylightning

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
i was trying to get rid of the people but it was not that easy to do without removing part of the beams as well so i just left them. in the second one i did remove a person, you can see the blue and his lower half still lol.. i did not really like that photo that much so ill probably scrap that one, just figured i would post it anyways.

OP
dannylightning

dannylightning

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
definitely a different perspective on that one, looking at my version and your crop i see things i like and dislike with both. a tighter crop does look better, i think i would like to see the whole roof and deck in the photo and I am not really a fan of black and white photos though..

i was playing around with the crop, straightened the photo a bit and this is what i came up with..

20151128-DSC_5017-3.jpg

jcdeboever

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Danny,

I hope you don't mind... I did this just for fun looking at it a different way. I like either one of your versions.

20151128-DSC_5017-3.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics