Boats along the Han

Silverbackmp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please critique this image. It was taken along the Han River in Seoul, South Korea. The sky has a fair amount of noise/grain; this only occured after I resized it (smaller) and lessened the quality of the JPG. The prints size is not as grainey (8x20 130% sharpening within Geniune Factuals). Photoshop work consisted of slight readjustments in raw, curves in Elements, Nik Define noise reducer, and resizing and sharpening in Genuine Factuals. The goal was to make the scene appear as I saw it when I shot it--not make it something that wasn't there. The boats are a little soft but I couldn't figure out how to freeze them in available light and still have enough Fstop to keep the bridge sharp. The photo is a "fake pano"--meaning I cropped it that way.

Please critique post processing and composition. Thanks.

newboatsforweb3.jpg

After doing more research, I'm wondering if the boats are fuzzy because I didn't lock the mirror. Anybody know? Or was because of the wave action as I originally thought? Please critique as I am trying to improve. BTW, the photo on my computer is more contrasty than the one shown. I think it is a color space thing (again from researching on thephotoforum.

Thanks for looking and any critique.

It was a color space thing; switched it from AdobeRGB to SRGB and fixed the contrast issue.

Boats-on-the-Han-for-web2.jpg

beautiful well done

Ah. Cool. Now that you found out for yourself about the colour space thing and are also showing your version in sRGB, there is nothing there for me to critique anymore! :biggrin:
All I would have said, had there only been the first version, would have been that it lacks in contrasts and looks kind of "hazy", but now it no longer does.
So now there is a photo there that I can only just enjoy. And I feel this is a very pleasing, enjoyable photo, "false pano" or not, it just looks good with all the wavey light reflections on the water. I cannot see too much fuzziness on the boats themselves, which might be due to my eyes getting older in the course of time.

I simply enjoy the overall light purple in the sky and reflection, accentuated by the white, orange, green lights of the bridge and buildings and their reflections.

Ah. Cool. Now that you found out for yourself about the colour space thing and are also showing your version in sRGB, there is nothing there for me to critique anymore! :biggrin:

A newbie that knows how to use the search function!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Thanks for the kind comments from all.

The Host!

No I was talking about myself and making a joke because of all the threads that ask the same questions and somebody always says use the search function (in this case AdobeRGB vs SRGB).

Most reactions

Back