Some shots of big bombers

CLICK IMAGE FOR HIGH RES

Sally B B-17

Avro Lancaster

Sally B B17

B-25

Sally B B-17 pretending to be "The Memphis Belle"

B52 aka The BUF

B52 taken with my mates Canon 500mm F4 plus my 2x converter 1000mm !!

B-1B slow fly past

B-1B fast fly past

Avro Lancaster

Great pictures ! Some mindless drivle from me, I was in the air force ( US ) some 25 years ago. I was stationed at a B-52 base in the U.S., I can remember like it was yesterday, 6 or 7 B-52's lined up, doing an alert take-off. What an incredible rush it was seeing, hearing and smelling that. And tasting it, once the smoke from the water injection hit you.

jwkwd said:
Great pictures ! Some mindless drivle from me, I was in the air force ( US ) some 25 years ago. I was stationed at a B-52 base in the U.S., I can remember like it was yesterday, 6 or 7 B-52's lined up, doing an alert take-off. What an incredible rush it was seeing, hearing and smelling that. And tasting it, once the smoke from the water injection hit you.
LOL i know what you mean by taste it. last year at Duxford we have a F86 sabre taxi past us rotated away from so the jet was facing us then the pilot just opened her up! apart from 20 of us almost falling over by the force of the jet the taste was almost as good as a bottle of JD LOL

cheers everyone, im just counting down the days to the 14th of March when I should be goinh to RNAS Yeovilton for the 801sqn disbandment. LONG LIVE THE SEA HARRIERS

Most reactions

Back