Bonaire (8 pictures)

midget patrol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
About two years ago, I became a SCUBA Diving International (SDI) Certified open water scuba diver. Which, while nothing special, allows me to go diving. :p So, around this time last year, my father got an open water certification too. During August last summer, we went to Bonaire of the Netherland Antilles (75 miles off the coast of Venezuela) and logged 11 hours from 13 dives over three days. It is important to note that these photos were not taken with my d50, or any other SLR for that matter. I rented a camera and housing from the diveshop:

Blue Striped Grunt:
bluestripedgruntmedium7hv.jpg

Fish in Pipe:
fishinpipemedium9cv.jpg

Rainbow Parrotfish:
parrotfishincoralmedium0ya.jpg

Sea Urchin:
seaurchinmedium7sc.jpg

Squirrelfish:
squirrelfishmedium8hj.jpg

Yellowtail Snapper:
yellowtailsnapperbigschoolmedi.jpg

Spotted Moray Eel:
rimg0053medium8gv.jpg

Self Portrait (of sorts):
rimg0024medium8ta.jpg

Interesting sequence. Underwater shots are just tough...esspecially with a temp camera.

Cool stuff nontheless

Nice group of shots, but you center your subjects in all of them, next time try cropping them off center, also a PS graduated ND filter would help with flash wash out on #s 5 & 7

nice, i was looking at water covers for my d70 900 bucks, it might be somthing i might lookinto

For underwater pics, with so little light, they're not too shabby! I think they're great snaps of what looks to be a very enjoyable trip. TFS

I'm from Fairfax, VA. All these pictures were taken on the island of Bonaire.

Nope, no special lenses. These weren't shot with an SLR, unfortunately.

Great pics here midget! I like them all but I love the 2nd one. Great work! :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back