Bones of my Ancestors

kajiki

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
4304240013_368897b4dd_o.jpg

IMO, this picture depends too much on the title to direct the viewer and it would be much more striking it it were shot in landscape to eliminate a lot of the non-contributory top and bottom

Lew

why do you think the top and base are non-contributory?

I'm aware that this ceremony is probably alien to most here; the funeral director's gloved hand at the base, and the unidentified relatives at the top, could perhaps give a further clue. I was invited.

I'm aware that this ceremony is probably alien to most here; the funeral director's gloved hand at the base, and the unidentified relatives at the top, could perhaps give a further clue. I was invited.

Well perhaps you could comment on what the top and bottom pieces here contribute to the picture? The funeral director's gloved hand is so out of focus as to be almost unrecognizable and too far from the center of interest. Both of these cropped off pieces just disperse the interest of the hands meeting in the center by introducing new light-colored objects that draw the eye..

(btw, I used your aspect ratio, making an assumption that you have a specific reason for those measurements.)

bonessy.jpg

Kajiki. i prefer your original shot. the length of the image is important for me. something in the anonymity of the 'headless' participants, framed almost at shoulder height, in formal attire. the iron grate also omitted by the crop is asthetically attractive. keep it in.

thankyou for showing something so personal.

I did think about that crop, but the full image seemed more relevant. Sets the scene, as it were, rather than creating as you say, an interesting image.

I notice that the chopsticks are different within each pair. Is there any reason to that?

no specific reason, that I can recall. I believe they are simply split from a precut set, rather than being a 'special type'. I'd have to check that. What happens over there where you are?

Most reactions

Back