Bonsai

Dylan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
I took these at Longwood Gardens (where else). I don't know which tree but there's one from 1918 in here. Hope you like em.

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

The rest of them are here.

There's no shadow detail, making them very flat. All of them seem a little soft as well. Also, the wb doesn't look like it was set properly.

Can you give us any exif data, and what the lighting conditions were like?

Unfortunately I have no exif data because they were shot with film (gotta remember to write this stuff down). As I recall there was only natural lighting however I fiddled with the contrast, hue saturation etc in Photoshop because the color of all but the third was somewhat washed out. Maybe I didn't do a good job in Photoshop. If anyone wants to edit them please feel free. Next time I am at Longwood Gardens I'll shoot these with an eye towards shadow. I honestly didn't think it would make that much of a difference but we'll see. Since I seem to be having issues with washed out color etc I wonder if any one can identify what I'm doing wrong? I'll post some recent pictures in the photo critique section when I get home today. Thanks for your input woodsac.:thumbup:

Fine photos, but as reffered it would have been better if there are a few more details. Fact must me that they have been edited in photoshop.

I like the subject but there does seem to be something missing.

I would prabably have used a tripod with apeture around f7/f8 slow speed film maybe an iso 50 and a slower shutter speed, maybe use a fill flash, set to underexsposed, hand held out to the side. This is just something I have done in the past with some success, there are far better photographers on here that might say this is wrong but it worked for me...
Ian

Most reactions

Back