nikon sb600 flash on camera at 1/4 power

Let me know what you think.

3581987112_b6e8605ccc_b.jpg

3581176303_d1fcaff16f_b.jpg

3581986444_30931fdf2a_b.jpg

3581176917_11e61d5dc2_b.jpg

Last edited:
damn. 40 views no replies. sad bump.

Trails might seem cool at first. But most of the time they're just distracting.

Work on creating interesting shots that don't involve trails.

Sick pictures man. I like the trails. Only thing I might say is think of how you might be able to use those trails more creatively so it doesn't look just random movement. Other than that though, I like the look and your pictures are clear.

cool got some comments. yea i chose to do these trails because it just brings even more color into the picture. the walls were painted all different colors. i dont think it really distracts cuz you know what the subject is and i think you can see it clearly.

i tried to make some cool designs but they didnt really turn out to well. so i just stuck with the crazy trails.

heres another pic without the trails.
3587710906_cf2d390da7_b.jpg

Not a fan of the trails either, the clean one you posted blows them all away in my opinion.

#1 Hes wearing a Tribe Called Quest Tshirt, so he cant be all bad.
#The Guy thats out of frame is holding a Pabst Blue Ribbon, so he cant be all bad...

Seriously, the last one you posted is the best by far.. :thumbup:

cool cool. thanks for your thoughts guys. i like the trails myself but seems to me like a lot of you dont like it. it makes the scene even more lively, imo. the last picture i posted i do like the most out of all them also. i have a bunch of those clean ones, just thought you guys would like the trails.

and yes, tribe called quest deserves those props. i grew up on them as a breakdancer.

#1 Hes wearing a Tribe Called Quest Tshirt, so he cant be all bad.

i was thinking the same thing, but i was noticing it seems like an awfully new TCQ shirt :lol:

last photo does it for me too man...def winner right there.

Trails are fun to experiment with but take some skill to make it solid in the composition.

It feels like you're trying to add a lot more action in your technique, instead of allowing the event to shine through. The strong 45 degree angle in the last one really makes me think this.

Maybe use the trails more subtly, like a long exposure with slight jostle and a closing curtain flash to capture a clean shot at the end. This would blur out a lot of the less interesting things going on and make them look more action packed.

The angles you have are pretty solid, and the shots you took were very good. To make it a more pleasing shot for the masses use the technique wisely and cleanly.

Nicely done experimentation though :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back