What's new

Booms

pez

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
May 29, 2008
Messages
2,102
Reaction score
2,021
Location
N Georgia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I used to make boomerangs... a lot.
15087778417_131f588e20_o.jpg
 
I would never have realised these were boomerangs unless you'd mentioned it. Very nice.
 
Very cool shot, almost abstract.
 
Love the photo. Agree with it being abstract.

Well that's a hobby that you can always go back to.

My boomerang never came back to me. It was a short-lived hobby that only went in one-direction.
 
I like this

I would never have realised these were boomerangs unless you'd mentioned it. Very nice.

Very cool shot, almost abstract.

kewl colors and patterns as Sean says looks abtract

Well that's a hobby that you can always go back to.

Love the photo. Agree with it being abstract.



My boomerang never came back to me. It was a short-lived hobby that only went in one-direction.

Thanks! It's been quite a while since I've made these things, but I've been thinking about getting into it again. I used to travel around to boomerang tournaments back in the day (yes they exist, lol), and had developed 20-something different models that I sold and traded with other makers. My walls are full of boomerangs of all types. As a sport for exercise, it's not so great because the better you are at it, the less exercise you get- but it's way fun.
BTW if it doesn't return, it's just a stick... :)
 
Cool photo. If you do get back into making them, how much would one cost? I've always wanted a nice boomerang.
 
Thanks! It's been quite a while since I've made these things, but I've been thinking about getting into it again. I used to travel around to boomerang tournaments back in the day (yes they exist, lol), and had developed 20-something different models that I sold and traded with other makers. My walls are full of boomerangs of all types. As a sport for exercise, it's not so great because the better you are at it, the less exercise you get- but it's way fun.
BTW if it doesn't return, it's just a stick... :)

I see what you mean about it being exercise. It was mostly me throwing it and having to go get it. Maybe it was just a stick? :icon_scratch:
 
  • Like
Reactions: pez
Cool photo. If you do get back into making them, how much would one cost? I've always wanted a nice boomerang.
In the late '80s, I was selling nicely painted ones for $15-$25, so now it would have to be considerably more due to inflation. More mass-produced booms are a better deal if you just want to toss them. Hand-made boomerangs have to be individually "tuned" for maximum performance- and that's after the initial development of a particular model, of course. But check out Rich Harrison's ("Boomerang Man") web page for some great, reasonably priced boomerangs from excellent makers- and some good inexpensive polymer booms. Here's a classic vid with my old friend Eric Darnell, a Grand Master of boomerangs:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom