Boring or Interesting

ToddM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Is this sunset photo boring or insteresting?

SalvoSunset.jpg

Canon Rebel 2000. Fuji 200. Polarizer used.

Thanks! The print looks much better though. It always loses a little something in the scan, clarity, richness of color. I even took it to a photo shop to get a good scan but it's not quite as nice as the print still. I'll get a nice digi cam one day if it kills me.

exactly... I dont like the composition... the tree on the right is distracting.... It looks like if it were there by accident, tot intentionally composed in the photo

I don't think it's boring as an image, even though we've all seen a million of 'em. :wink:

What's best about this one is the lovely red in the clouds. Very pretty. I also love the tree, and wish you'd stepped a bit more to the right to get a little more in there, so the viewer would know it was intentional, and also to add a little depth to the image. That, and a little crop along the top of the gray clouds so we could focus more on the beautiful reds, would really spice this one up. :D

I appreciate all the feed back. I realize I have a centering problem. Here's another in the set I took. It was hard to balance the exposure and the color in this one. I lightened it and added some contrast and increased the saturation like 5 pts to try to bring up the color.

SalvoSunset2.jpg

The first looks like other sunset pictures, but to me the second picture is much more interesting with the fence and tree framing the sunset making it a much more interesting sunset....could be a personal taste thing. I like the second picture and find it interesting, even if you loose some detail in the clouds

Yeah, the first one has richer color but lacks on composition and just the opposite for this one. This one looks a bit underexposed. I use unsharp mask 50% as a matter of standard proceedure and that helped it to look better exposed some what.

The second is the better of the two, I think. I would have enjoyed a closer shot of the fence with the sunset breaking through the slates. I'm with jadin on the centering. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I think it works here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back