Boston Skyline

Is it just me, or does the first picture seem slightly weird in terms of perspective or is it tilted ...? Something is bugging me. However, I like the distribution of sky and buildings more on the first one ... Too much sky/empty space on the second IMO.

Is it just me, or does the first picture seem slightly weird in terms of perspective or is it tilted ...? Something is bugging me. However, I like the distribution of sky and buildings more on the first one ... Too much sky/empty space on the second IMO.

I see this also, and I think it's the reflections in the water- they have a strange perspective angle.

I like the blured reflections on the water surface on the first image.

#1 buildings are leaned, it can be fixed in ps. choose whether you'll show more foreground or the sky. East Boston is too far away.
It would be beneficial to have nicer reflection in the foreground, and maybe not that dark foreground and the sky either.
play with the settings more
just my 2 cents

#1 buildings are leaned, it can be fixed in ps. choose whether you'll show more foreground or the sky. East Boston is too far away.
It would be beneficial to have nicer reflection in the foreground, and maybe not that dark foreground and the sky either.
play with the settings more
just my 2 cents

What you are describing is an entirely different shot from what I've posted.

Thanks - I was visiting on vacation. There seemed to be much better vantage points but this is all I could get at with the limited knowledge of the areas.

The buildings are small enough in the frame that you wouldn't be able to easily discern the perspective issues if it weren't for the fact that they are carried into the reflections. A simple perspective correction truly improves the photographs. Look:

$__5l9bog9m.jpg

Personally I think the horizon line is okay where it is; it could go down the tiniest bit but not that much.

What was changed in your edit for perspective? I'm not seeing it, and don't quite follow how that can be edited. The perspective is reference to where I was standing when the photo was captured.

The perspective is skewed because of the angle of the camera, not because of where you were standing.

The forums don't seem to support animated GIF images, but if you click the link then you should be able to see the difference in this animated version here:

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i74/K_L_Turner/__7roo3rms.gif

It shows the original image, then the perspective correction with grid lines showing how it was corrected, then the corrected version (then looping back to the original image again and so forth). Sometimes seeing it in this way makes the differences more clear.

ETA: This is how I see the perspective on the original:
$__7roo3rms.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back