Bought 6 new lenses for my Canon Digital Rebel!!!!

j-dogg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's one of them, a Nikkor 35mm f2.8 :thumbup:

DSCF9013.jpg

Mounted

DSCF9012.jpg

and here's how I did it

IMG_1989.jpg

IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_1991.jpg

IMG_1992.jpg

IMG_1993.jpg

IMG_1994.jpg

Fotodiox EOS/Nikon adapter. So much for getting anything done tonight. Can't wait to unleash it on South Beach. :drool:

Might have to get a couple more of these to run Minolta MD and Canon FD lenses.

Lens technology and design has come a long way since they drew the plans for that 35mm. :thumbup:

Can you change the focusing screen in a Xti, to make manual focusing like it was back in the day.

^^^Yep......sort of, I just use the manual focus built into the lens itself.

I have a few newer lenses this is just one of my favorites. I have a Series E Nikkor 50mm f1.8 and a Vivitar 55mm-135mm f3.5 as well. I shoot a lot of 35mm and have been wanting to shoot through some of my 35mm lenses I use on my Nikons.

ive heard of negative results with those adapters due to the glass elements being positioned different distances from the mount on canon and nikon lenses...curious to see how your results come out. (missing focus?)
id be very interested in having adapters for my nikon to mount older minolta lenses since they seem to be available for crazy cheap at my local pawn.
please post results if you can.

ive heard of negative results with those adapters due to the glass elements being positioned different distances from the mount on canon and nikon lenses..

Fotodiox seems to be known for good products among the m4/3rd community (still new over there). Their website says that infinity focus is maintained thus leading me to believe that they have the proper flange distance with their adapter. Nikon's F mount is longer than canon EOS so it is definitely possible.

linky

http://www.fotodiox.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=123

Mind if I ask you why you went this route?

Was there some specific reason for wanting to use this lens?

Were you just trying to do something different?

I am very curious about this one.

Because OP has a bit of a collection of older lenses?

I have a huge collection of Takumar and adapt them to a m4/3rd camera. Same with Leica m-mount.

Because OP has a bit of a collection of older lenses?

I have a huge collection of Takumar and adapt them to a m4/3rd camera. Same with Leica m-mount.

I thought he said he just bought the lens....

One of us is confused here, and I am not sure which lol.

Am I missing something?

Nikon F to EOS mount adapters: a great way to finally mount some decent glass on a Canon!!;)

Fotodiox adapters are generally pretty good...I have several of their adapters...they're a pretty good outfit as far as adapters go. MY very first NIkkor lens was an ANCIENT 35mm f/2.8 Auto-Nikkor from probably 1962....it came with a used Nikon FM, and the lens had been cleaned so,so,so many times, by a total idjot...there was no coating left on the front element, and the lens was scratched up very,very badly. it's like it had been cleaned for around 20 years, weekly, with a burlap sack...it gave a very ethereal image quality...almost like a diffusion filter had been added to the front of a good lens!

Your 35/2.8 is much,much newer. As KmH alluded to, the "new" 35/2.8 AiS is a very simplified 5-element design; the earlier 35/2.8 lens was a more-costly, 7-element design. it is in fact, kind of a shame that you don't have a clean, pre-AI 1974 version which would actually be optically superior to the newer model you have. Still, your lens probably outshoots the original, non-IS, non-USM Canon 18-55 kit zoom at 35mm...

Nikon F to EOS mount adapters: a great way to finally mount some decent glass on a Canon!!;)

LOL Derrel...

I love you man. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back