Bought props got pictures

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I bought a couple of the old metal film cans on saturday. One of them had a roll of film in it. In an odd twist of fate this film bought on January 19, 2008 was processed on January 19, 1951 according to the reciept slip in the can :lol:

I had seen these on sale from this person earlier in the week, he had more of them in the case but some one purchased all but two of them, the price tag on them stated that some of them may contain film, so it's not like it was something he accidently put there so.....

I went ahead and processed a few of the images and thought I would share what I found.

(it prolly goes with out saying, these are not mine thus here in off topic)
001_2.jpg

002_2.jpg

003_2.jpg

004_2.jpg

005_2.jpg

This was all I was able to get at the moment, this old kodak film is difficult to scan:lol:

i love vintage photographs! great find

oh yeah, i guess since you bought them, they are yours now :)

right?

i love vintage photographs! great find

oh yeah, i guess since you bought them, they are yours now :)

right?

According to US copyright laws the copyright is in effect for fifty years after death of original holder, these are just short of sixty years old so I guess it is possible that it may have expired but I have my doubts.

I think (I could be wrong but) after it expires I could file for it as I own the original fixed media but I prolly won't.

Assuming actual legal steps were made to copyright it. You seem to understand this very well, and I have always been curious. Does simply putting the copyright emblem on one of your images make it copyrighted, or do you have to make actual steps to have something copyrighted? Like getting a paten for one of your inventions. Is it really as simple as saying this is mine, and poof, it's copyrighted?

I really like the first picture by the way.

I'm pretty sure once it is taken it is yours... Problem would be PROVING it.

Assuming actual legal steps were made to copyright it. You seem to understand this very well, and I have always been curious. Does simply putting the copyright emblem on one of your images make it copyrighted, or do you have to make actual steps to have something copyrighted? Like getting a paten for one of your inventions. Is it really as simple as saying this is mine, and poof, it's copyrighted?

I really like the first picture by the way.

In the US as well as a handfull of other countries the pictures are copyright by default the moment it captured onto a fixed media noted or not. Many people will follow threw with the copyright process at the higher levels of photography since it gives them greater leverage in the event of unlawful use of imagery having the paperwork and paid the fees. You can place a copyright emblem on your imagery, The actual steps are not absolutly necessary if you are the creator but a good idea none the less.

Who ever took these knew how to use the camera that is for sure. There are only a few frames on this roll bad, in fact most of them are from that basketball game.

WOW! thats awesome!

Kinda like finding buried treasure.

Yes, it was an interesting find, There are still a few more I want to take a look at but I did not have the time and patients to continue scanning. Any one who has worked with kodak negitives knows how stiff they are.....I can tell you they're a lot softer now than they used to be.

Lol oops I seem to have forgotten to turn one around, with the curl of the film I had to scan them backwords.

Thats amazing, whenever I see something like that I can't help thinking where those people are now, like that little girl, or the basketball team, what happened in their lives, are they still alive, if so how old are they. It inspires me to leave little treasures all around, you never know wether someone will find it one day and wonder about me.

Wow! thats awsome. Buried treasure for sure... wouldn't it be neat if someone recognized them?

I like the second one for some reason.....

Makes you respect the longevity of traditional negatives.... especially in the digital age.

Is there a location on the negative?

Wow! thats awsome. Buried treasure for sure... wouldn't it be neat if someone recognized them?

I like the second one for some reason.....

Makes you respect the longevity of traditional negatives.... especially in the digital age.

Is there a location on the negative?

I would have to check, Seems to me there was a processing location at the least on the reciept but as for anything indicitive on the neg itself or the image on them I can't say.

Boxes of glass plates found in a shed - all taken 1910-12 have proved fascinating and the quality they obtained was amazing. A time capsule of life in our village 100 years ago. I now have them kept warm and dry!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back