What's new

Bow-wow C&C

SquidHC

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 26, 2012
Messages
40
Reaction score
2
Location
Portland, OR
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few pics of the dogs today.

#1
DSC_0212.jpg


#2
DSC_0260.jpg
 
First impressions:

1) The crop is too tight. You cropped off his feet and IMO that is not something you should be doing. Maybe if the crop had been a little higher. When shooting an animal, a lot of us like to see their eyes with a catchlight in it - nothing to that effect here. Another point, the background is a bit distracting. I could go on.

2) Not bad - the detail in the coat is quite good for the most part, although it is a little blown out in the front as is the forehead. He/she is smiling (LOL) and you have a catchlight in the eyes. The only nit is the background - although OOF, it is still distracting.

WesternGuy
 
Good images... yes, backgrounds could have been less distracting :D
 
These were taken in my mothers backyard yesterday, which unfortunately is full of background distraction. The sun was also very bright, and all I had was my basic kit so no filters or anything. I tried to drop the exposure as far as I could, but it was still too bright. Saleh (#2) is so white it's easy to do I guess. I didn't crop #1 at all, so my bad for leaving them out of the shot. What is "catchlight"?
 
Catch light is the reflected light from the eye of the subject, here the dog....
The expression and the attitude of your dog in the second image is really impressive :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom