What's new

boxcar

nycphotography

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 7, 2012
Messages
963
Reaction score
262
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, something a little more mainstream for C&C.

Nikon D2x, AB1600 w/ portable power pack. SOC JPG + Levels only.


70C84F0D8C734A65A8850806364014A2.jpg
 
Yes Yes Yes , love this , NYC what time of the day/night was this taken
 
Yes Yes Yes , love this , NYC what time of the day/night was this taken

Right about sunset. I metered the sky w/ the shutter and the flash with the aperture until I had it as dark and moody as I could get it. I'll post a couple w/o the flash later. I'll have to dig out the camera dump to find them.

But basically, this is NOT HDR, nor compositing or layering in post, nor dodging and burning, or any other form of selective editing.

It's an example of metering for a moody sky and using a (really big) fill flash for the foreground.
 
Last edited:
Love it. Moody sky - where was it shot?

Somewhere on RT 66 in new mexico. I think. May have been Arizona, but I think it was NM.

Maybe someone from NM can remind me where I was again? (this was in '08).
 
By the way, has any camera manufactures made an in built option of HDR imaging, by bracketting?
 
The mood you captured is fantastic.
The method you used is very inspirational!
Great work :)
 
Wow this picture makes me understand the rule about getting things right in the camera! Great job. I would need a bracket of 5-9 shots and lots of PP to achieve what you did by getting things right with the shot. Cudos.
 
Nice work NYC! Love this shot. The mood, darkness composition, fantastic!
 
I found the SOC version before I tweaked the levels... but seem to be missing the camera dump folder from my library. I'll have to dig around more and see what happened to it.

Meanwhile... here's the straight off camera jpg (I have most everything in camera turned off so my soc is usually pretty soft and flat by design)

B8938DDD904244F6A6FD4463E6FD5037.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom