Boy in a corner

Efergoh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Someone get that kid a comb!

robert1b.jpg

That camera of yours creates some interesting bokeh... I am still struggling with myself it I like that bokeh or not (bokeh defining the "aesthetic quality of a blurred background") - but the more or your photos I find the more it seems to get growing on me. And this cousin of yours is a good-looking boy, combed hair or not ;)!!! Do you wish he had given YOU his look and not someone else "in the off"?

LaFoto said:
That camera of yours creates some interesting bokeh... I am still struggling with myself it I like that bokeh or not (bokeh defining the "aesthetic quality of a blurred background") - but the more or your photos I find the more it seems to get growing on me. And this cousin of yours is a good-looking boy, combed hair or not ;)!!! Do you wish he had given YOU his look and not someone else "in the off"?

The light was quite dim inside. The aperature was set at 2.8 for this shot. that is why the DOF is so shallow. I like those kinds of shots. I prefer that the background be out of focus as to not distract from the subject.

I was holding my hand off to the side and I had him count the number of fingers I was holding up. I didn't want him to look directly at the camera.

I had to keep talking to him and keep him on point. Left to his own devices, I would have gotten squinty eyes and a closed mouth smile that would have stretched his lips from ear to ear. It was a fun shoot. Generally I don't care to work with kids, but every now and again you get an honest to goodness ham. My ex-girlfriend's kids were fun to shoot, too. They were quite animated.

This kid has a younger brother that I want to go back and shoot again. Everything I took of him (save for "kids on a couch") was blurry...that kid is perpetual motion. I may very well have to tase him to get a still shot. :D

I was thinking of printing this on 5x7 paper...should I stick with the square, or would this image be better served with this crop?

robert1-5x7small.jpg

I'm not really sure what to think. I really like the negative space on the top of the original...but mine is but a single opinion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back