Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
4627980999_2c06bc5e4c.jpg

4627981185_2c28a7ca2e.jpg

4627981323_6ef31d35a2.jpg

4627981671_e70ac77916.jpg

My son playing today All C&C welcome and appreciated

I dare you to get low and close on the first two like you did for the fourth one!

I love capturing my kids in action, concentrating on what they are doing. I think the first two would look better if shot similar to no. 4, but I realize the risks involved (unless you had enough focal length to get on the other side of the mud pit).

What's on the side you were standing? Could you stand by the mower and ask you son to play on the other side to minimize background items? lawn mower, tools (?), wood scraps (?).

I know when my kids are active I just want to shoot them where they are, but thought I would mention those things since I saw them. If I looked at shots of my kids I would probably see similar things.

Great moments! And yep, boys will be boys!

yeah I tried to get closer but it definately was a mess! I SHOUlD've gotten lower.
I guess I was so caught up that I forgot all about composition with this one, And I totally forgot about his little push mower till I pulled them up later to look at them,:meh:.
#4 was my favorite, overall, was that one ok?
I've been reading a book about composition because obviosly this is something that I need work on. I thought that #4 kinda made the "frame within a frame" with the two water shoots framing him, that was probably the only one that I really worked on my composition, and it was my last shot.
#1 & 2 he was surrounded by a shop, a fence, a car, and where i was standing there was a fence, so I tried to cut every thing outta the shop.

The Horizon! ugh. I feel dumb :banghead:. I should've known better. Thanks for reminding me, this I may be able to fix in photoshop.

Thanks ALL!

Yep, I like number 4.

Take away the mower, and on shots like this where now matter the angle there is something in the background, and you can't get a narrower DOF, a subtle vignette may help keep the focus to the subject. Subtle, meaning barely obvious. The image and composition will also dictate if that is a solution, you just have to try it.

What book are you currently reading on composition?

the photographer's eye - composition and design for better digital photos - 2007 - by michael freeman

I'll have to try that & see if it works

good so far only on the 3rd chapter right now I think. It's been sitting for a few days.
I hope that I learn something from It. right now I feel that I have.
maybe reading it slowly is a good thing, rather than consuming a book within hours like I normally do.

good so far only on the 3rd chapter right now I think. It's been sitting for a few days.
I hope that I learn something from It. right now I feel that I have.
maybe reading it slowly is a good thing, rather than consuming a book within hours like I normally do.

Definitely a good idea. Also, go back to it again after you have been shooting a while after reading it. I just started going through it again, and hope to plan time to give myself some assignments. The book has such fantastic information, that it can be overwhelming. So, yeah, I think slow is probably good, as long as you retain some of what you already read. Enjoy!

I like the last one :) the rest look alot like what I do when my kids are playing... keep my distance and try and just get them in the shot...haha (My kids are sand throwers...don't know why but they call it fairy dust or magic dust... I call it a mess to clean out of their hair!)

What part of alabama? I'm in the B'ham area.

Most reactions

Back