Bracketing??

Insp Gadget

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.soulmatesphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, I'm obviously doing something wrong. I can't get my D300 to bracket shots. I'm pushing the button I have programmed for BRK Burst, but nothing changes on the display to allow me to change my settings. Can someone help me?

if you set it right it should be taking three shots, one under one over and one correct, why would you have to change the settings yourself, is the camera shooting once you push the button if not then you will have to fire the shutter while pressing this other button simultaneously, or immediately after at least. There are three different bracketing sequences, exposure/flash/white balance, you need to ensure you have the right one selected for what your trying to do. H

On my Canon you have to press it 3X UNLESS you are using a remote, or if you set it to timed delay shutter (i set mine to 2 sec).

if you set it right it should be taking three shots, one under one over and one correct, why would you have to change the settings yourself, is the camera shooting once you push the button if not then you will have to fire the shutter while pressing this other button simultaneously, or immediately after at least. There are three different bracketing sequences, exposure/flash/white balance, you need to ensure you have the right one selected for what your trying to do. H

When I press the button, nothing happens, but on my old D70s, pressing the BRK button would allow me to select the number of shots and the EV between shots. Holding this button and taking 3 pics only takes 3 shots at the same EV. There must be something I'm missing here....

When I press the button, nothing happens, but on my old D70s, pressing the BRK button would allow me to select the number of shots and the EV between shots. Holding this button and taking 3 pics only takes 3 shots at the same EV. There must be something I'm missing here....

Since I don't use a D300 (I have a D5000), I'm unsure of the exact procedure for your model.

But, if you go here...

http://www.nikonusa.com/pdf/manuals/dslr/D300_en.pdf

...to Nikon's online copy of the D300 User Manual, and then go to page 117, you'll find the entire procedure for bracketing laid out step-by-step.

See pages 118 through 126 in your D300 users manual. They explain in detail how to setup the various kinds of bracketing your D300 can do.

Therein lies the problem. I have been following the steps in the manual for a few days now but to no avail. I'm starting to think it's a problem with my camera. Is there a way to reset it to factory settings?

e5 .. Auto bracketing set
e6 .. Auto bracketing (mode M)
e7 .. Bracketing order

e5 .. Auto bracketing set
e6 .. Auto bracketing (mode M)
e7 .. Bracketing order

e5 is set to AE
e6 is set to Flash/Speed/Aperture
e7 is set to MTR >under>over
F5 is set to Bracketing Burst

When I press this button, I expect to see the screen change asking me to choose the number of bracketed shots and EV, however nothing changes on the display.

[
e5 is set to AE

When I press this button, I expect to see the screen change asking me to choose the number of bracketed shots and EV, however nothing changes on the display.

See pages 118 through 126 in your D300 users manual.

Page 119
2 Choose the number of shots.

Pressing the FN button, rotate the command dial to choose the number of shots in the bracketing sequence.

[
e5 is set to AE

See pages 118 through 126 in your D300 users manual.

Page 119
2 Choose the number of shots.

Pressing the FN button, rotate the command dial to choose the number of shots in the bracketing sequence.

Yup. Did that many times, but the display does not change........

call nikon, they have awesome customer service on the phone, they will pick up a camera on their end and do the steps right along with you, and they usually are even in a good mood about it. its much faster and easier than going back and forth on here...

Mike Leggero

http://www.michaelleggero.com

Yup. Did that many times, but the display does not change........
You got me then, because mine does.

While holding the FN button, the rear command wheel adjusts the number of brackets and the front command wheel adjusts the +/- exposure. The brackets are indicated by tick marks on the top LCD. Each shutter release takes on bracket and one tick mark disappears with each shutter release.

Shutter release can also be done in Cl/Ch and/or in Mup mode.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back