BRAND SPANKING NEW!!! C&C

owlxxx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, this is just a hobby for me. I'm having fun doing this. I've been a lurker on this site, finally signed up a few weeks ago. I guess I just wanna know what ya'll think of what i'm doing in terms of getting proper exposures and composition and whatnot. THanks in advance. I'll take any critique, even the stuff like "What was the point of that picture" because it might make me think "what was the point?".

SHAck by Carrillo spot, on Flickr

portrait 1 by Carrillo spot, on Flickr

Tractor by Carrillo spot, on Flickr

TRactor grille by Carrillo spot, on Flickr

Last edited:
1 - I think the power lines in the background kind of fumble the "old shed" look. Is the shadow in the upper left corner intentional? There seem to be great textures here.
2 - I like it. No ideas on how to make it better. :thumbup:
3 - I don't really like this one, but have no constructive criticism. :p
4 - I really like this one. :thumbup::thumbup:

*Disclaimer - I am a certified newbie, so my comments should be taken with a shot of tequila. :lol:

I really like the 3rd image out of the bunch. Only thing though that killed it for me was the blown out areas of the grass. If those had some detail it'd look wonderful. The sepia-ish color adds to the look of the photo.

Page Hits from Search Engines said:
Visitors found this page by searching for these keywords:
spanking, Spanking photo

Google might be bringing you the wrong audience.

Page Hits from Search Engines said:
Visitors found this page by searching for these keywords:
spanking, Spanking photo

Google might be bringing you the wrong audience.

:lmao:

The windows in #1 beg for a portrait crop straight-on shot, lol. This angle doesn't really do much for me.

#2 would be spectacular if: 1) the kid's face was clean 2) You used a smaller aperture (bigger f/#) to get the kid's entire face and hair in focus. Still a pretty good shot, tho.

#3 doesn't do much for me, either. I think it's more the angle than anything. Try getting low to the ground when you take pictures of something relatively large. It will make it look larger and a bit imposing.

#4 :thumbup::thumbup: Not a huge fan of the post processing, but I really like the shot. I *love* anything vintage/antique. Especially if it's in disrepair (rusty, beat up, etc.)

It's a good start. You definitely have an eye. Good job. :thumbup:

i like the concept of 3 dont like the angle though
love #4

I like #4! Great comp...

thanks everyone. on#3, The way the tractor sat in the corner within the fence kinda made me tilt it. Also the tractor was in the shade and I couldnt figure out how to balance the light so the spots in the sun werent so bright. ANy suggestions?
But thanks for the feedback, its made me think about small details, Like the powerlines in #1, And my DOF on the baby, A few stops on that one and entire face would of been sharp
thanks again, i appreciate it.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back