Braving the cold (bird shots)

JOAT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been awhile since I've had the chance to go out and take some pics. So I braved the frigid temperature today and got a few pics of some common birds in the area. I did spot a Rough Legged Hawk and a Northern Harrier but they were too far to get any decent pics.

So Black Capped Chikadees, Downy wood peckers and Sparrows had to do :)

chickadee.jpg

downywp.jpg

downywp2.jpg

downywp3.jpg

sparrowb.jpg

sparrow2b.jpg

:hugs: for the sparrow pics.
I just love sparrows.
And I really like how their colour matches that of their background so well. I may love green best, but these muted browns are wonderful, too.
And I do admire you for always getting your focus so precisely on where it needs to be! Way cool. (And cold, it was, if I understand you right? ;))

Great shots! I laughed out loud at the last one...that sparrow was NOT happy with you.

Good shooting, JOAT. Nice to see you post again.

Man, you DID brave the cold! (I'm from Tranna too, and it was frigid yesterday). Love the detail you got in these pics. And I agree, the 'expression' on the bird in the last pic is priceless. It seems like the avian equivalent of ---> :er:

As always, very nice.
I especially like the next to last. The compostion is strong and the colors are very complimentary.

I really like the chickadee. Did you have to get very close to take that, or do you just have an awesome zoom? I know the birds around here are very shy. :|

Most reactions

Back