Breakaway Fraction promos

Rabieshund

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had a shoot with the band Breakaway Fraction from Stockholm, Sweden.
http://www.myspace.com/breakawayfractionswe

This was the first shot. Pretty basic, nothing very special.
img17901lozc4.jpg

I took a portrait like this of everyone in the band. They will later be put together in some way which I haven't figured out yet. Is his skin too red? I'm not talking about for normal skin tones (duh) but is it too red for the look of the picture? I sometimes have problems with seeing colors. I can't tell with my crappy eyes...

img18861lons5.jpg

And here is the result:
alllolu8.jpg

And then I took a picture like this for every band member also. I'll only put one here though.

img19991lojl3.jpg

#2 may be a touch red, but i think its more of an illusion because of the highlight/shadows on his face..

i think the highlights are a little too harsh on #1 and #2.

#3 is my favorite.
i cant put my finger on it exactly but #3 feels a little like a copy and paste job. i like the concept but it just looks a little strange to me.

Also i wonder what #1 would look like if you cropped closer to their shoulders.

i think overall they are all good.
i have zero experience with studio lighting/anything studio.. so this really is a pure viewer related opinion, and not a voice of experience in these types of shoots.

Thanks. The harsh highlights are part of the style. Check out photographers like Dave Hill and Joey Lawrence to see what I am aiming for. Three is pretty experimental. Behind them is a flash shooting into the wall, creating a silhouette and then I have lightened only the guy's face with a softbox and an umbrella on the other side.

wow great stuff! I really like the last picture, great effect with the lights facing the wall and the solo guy all colored up. I like the style you have going on, haven't seen it before this thread.

Most reactions

Back