Breaking News!! White House evacuated!!!

Sad and kind of funny that everyone freaks out over anything that could be remotely thought of as threatening. Not just this, (if I was there, I might be running too) but just everything since 9-11. You can't photograph a building or a bridge without being accosted by security, yet you can get detailed satellite photos of just about anywhere in North America on Google Maps or other public sites. Remember the anthrax scare? Even around here, it seemed that every week the HASMAT team came out to check out envelopes with suspicious white powder.

So much fear...that's the real damage that was done...and we all know what Yoda says about fear.

there's a lot going on today about how it all went down.

local dc authorities are pissed at the feds for not informing them of the incident until after the "all clear" signal was anounced. they found out by way of media.

it takes 5 - 5 1/2 minutes to completely evacuate the capital. the plane was 4 mins away. bad news if it had been an actual attempt. jeeze, this stuff worries me at times. think i'll retreat for some more goofey face shots!

edit: i do want to add that however embarrassing this may be, the student pilot (who's been released by the way) has certainly made this gov't realize that since 9/11/01 we're not where we need to be in terms of protection. more changes ahead.

graigdavis said:
I still want to know how they let the plane get that close.

Well you can't exactly just push a plane out of the way when you want it to go somewhere. That's why the helicopter and jets went out there - to see what was really going on... (and push it out of the way)

What I really want to hear are the Air Traffic Control Tapes! They would be gold. Definately a few tense moments there for sure. Plus, was it the pilots' fault or the controllers fault???

oh and BTW - I passed my first Air Traffic Controller test the other day and have to go for a day of testing soon and then hopefully an interview. This is just to get into the school! Yay! (i hope!)

The whole thing was stupid, this false sense of fear is tiring. and it is false. Another ploy to keep everyone afraid and consuming what they want us to consume. I am tired of people being afraid. Live your life and don't let others allow you to fear living.

Most reactions

Back