Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Kinda fun. And spicy!

5001471227_5499cdcd81_b.jpg

5002073240_161a669599_b.jpg

5001470855_8c10809b29_b.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Try underexposing more. You would get plenty of light from the fire on the people and get more detail probably in the fire itself. Seems blown out to me. I personally have never shot this kinda stuff, so others would probably have better advice.

Try underexposing more. You would get plenty of light from the fire on the people and get more detail probably in the fire itself. Seems blown out to me. I personally have never shot this kinda stuff, so others would probably have better advice.

^^^That sounds like a good recommendation. It would also allow the shutter speed to be faster and reduce the blur in the figures.

x2

It's hard to get detail on fire. I think it moves more quickly than water, so you really need a 1/1000 shutter speed or faster. I shot these with a 50 f/1.8 on a 50D

Turn up the ISO a little if you need a faster speed. fire should be plenty bright enough to get a faster shutter speed when aiming at it, but perhaps for the light cast onto the subjects you could bump the ISO. I mean after all, the sun is a big ball of fire.

If you still have trouble, I would think that it would be possible to maybe use highspeed flash sync to light the subject while shooting a fast enough shutter speed to expose the fire better. ( anyone else have any advice on this? )

I find that when the fire is properly lit, everything else is black. But I'll keep working with this.

Can I get the 50D to do a 2nd curtain sync with an external flash, using cactus triggers?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back