Bretagne - Part 1 - Castle, Sunsets and Sunrise (56k warning)

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've decided to split my photos up because there's just so many of them I want to show you guys and gals. So I'll do it over a few days. Levels changed in almost all of these - My camera does not like trying situations.

These Photos were taken at Saint Malo at sunset (duh! hehe) 9:45pm. I still can't get over how late it stays light here!

1. The castle walls (as you'll see in my next installment of pics) are actually a pretty boring grey to dark grey colour so I was stoked when I saw this cool redy-orangey colour!
PICT4891.jpg

PICT4889.jpg

PICT4885.jpg

PICT4906.jpg

5. This is almost the same pic as above - but I included the rocks at the bottom.
PICT4902.jpg

6. Awwwwww. I think this is so romantic.
PICT4921.jpg

7. I laughed out loud when this seagull flew down beside me and just sat there watching the sunset.
PICT4899.jpg

8. These last two pics are from a town called Heulgoat where I did some hiking in the forest. This isn't really a sunrise as such - I only took it at 9am but I guess the sun is still rising so does that count? :lol:
PICT5108_Sunrise1.jpg

PICT5110.jpg

I like them :D I like them a lot! You've done a great job.

My fav. is #5. though it misses sun sinking in the sea, I think those two people on the rocks really emphasizes the shear size of it all.

Looking forward to part II!

Ooo, so that's why you buggered off. Looks like you had fun! Nice photos, Vicky. Take me with you next time, please.

ferny said:
Ooo, so that's why you buggered off. Looks like you had fun! Nice photos, Vicky. Take me with you next time, please.

I was actually trying to find someone to go with but everyone from uni went back home to their countries/cities so I figured I'd just go on my own. :-( I should've posted an invite up here! It's so expensive to go on a holiday by your own - just because of the hotels!! It's crazy.

Thanks for your comments everyone.

Very nice. My favorite is #8

Great shots! The colors and lighting are nice in each! I especially love the sunset shots!

Meysha well done. Thats quite a whack of good pictures. I find the evening sun does such wonders to a photograph and it really worked well in your castle pictures.

Really nice work. I enjoyed the series. I'm normally a sunset girl, but the last picture is my hands down favorite. The reflection in the water is wonderful. Great job.

Awsome series, I love the light in the castle shots and the sunset shot with the two people on the beach is very good as well. Not to forget the last shot which is also one of my favorites. Good stuff :)

Wonderful photos. When does "Part 2" show? Can't wait!

And you sure were lucky with the light of the setting sun illuminating the otherwise all grey castle walls in this orange. Wow. You saw the sun set ... much unlike what we get to see here these days... ;) (Meysha knows, she's contributing to the "Challenge of the Week" over in the Photo Themes, too ;)).

Most reactions

Back