What's new

Bride

Gallery29

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 22, 2012
Messages
39
Reaction score
1
Location
The South
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any CC would be appreciated. Taken with a Canon 50D, natural light and no flash.


Gina1edited-1.jpg
 
First post and no responses. OK. Hmmmm...
 
a little underexposed IMO. Since the window is blown anyway she should be lit better.
 
I kind of like the underexposed aspect of it. It's dramatic. Thank you for the CC, though! I appreciate all comments! :)
 
I agree with Trever... you just have huge black areas (NO DETAIL), with little bit of white dress (That isn't white, because it is underexposed). You have the large blown out window area (NO DETAIL)... and no face. You may consider it dramatic.. most pro's would consider it a tosser. There is no interest for the viewer (unless they like looking at large black and white areas with no detail)
 
I took the liberty, hope you don't mind but this is how I see this picture.
 

Attachments

  • $bride-Edit.webp
    $bride-Edit.webp
    36.3 KB · Views: 152
Thanks for all of the comments. Nice edit greybeard! I like that. I'm still learning. I appreciate all of the comments.
 
Greybeard's edit is much improved, I agree the original lacked some detail. I'm not a big fan of the looking out the window shot, myself-it's been so completely overdone and has become cliche. If the bride is looking out the window anyway, I may capture a candid shot, but i have never posed a bride looking out a window.
 
The darkness isn't what shows the drama and emotion...to me...her pose and demeanor does. I take this image as a bride who just got jilted....she is staring off into the empty space of the window wondering what went wrong and what she's going to do now.

It's easy to go overboard with the the dark for drama...especially as a noob, it hides many flaws yet at the same time creates a huge flaw. For me anyway.

Nice edit btw. window still kinda blown out...but not much ya can do about that at this point.
 
^ uh, not unless the groom is ...Satan?

Nice edit Greybeard, still needs a bit of work but perhaps with a RAW file very salvageable.
 
Ernicus - LOL. That looks awul, but I'm sure you already knew that! ;)

I'll post some of my other stuff for y'all to rip to shreds and teach me a few things. This is fun.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom