Bridge Across the Road.

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was on my way to pay my monthly taxes and I always pass this bridge on the way. I keep saying that I would stop and take a picture of it. Well I finally took the time to stop by and take a few shots. We don't have to many interesting bridges here but this is one of the new ones that they have made and I like the colors of it.

1) Through the brush.
bridg by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

2)
Other than that pole in the way I like this angle it looks like it leads into the mountains but really takes you downtown.

bridge 2 by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

3) Head on. I like the architectural work and perspective.

bridge 3A by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Just processed this image. I thought this composition was a little nicer and I wanted to add more color to the tree. since it was my First focal point then the second was the bridge and tried to have that toned down and finally the sky was the last element. I there was not a lot clouds on this angle and I think it works with what I was trying to accomplish composition wise all though I do like them HDR clouds! I feel like the eye goes in steps 123 foreground (tree) bridge (2) and sky (3)

Treebythebridge by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Just processed this image. I thought this composition was a little nicer and I wanted to add more color to the tree. since it was my First focal point then the second was the bridge and tried to have that toned down and finally the sky was the last element. I there was not a lot clouds on this angle and I think it works with what I was trying to accomplish composition wise all though I do like them HDR clouds! I feel like the eye goes in steps 123 foreground (tree) bridge (2) and sky (3)

Treebythebridge by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

The processing on this one is the best of the set. Take a look at your blues in the sky on the top 3 pics and then this one. They just seem kind of off in the first three . They seem spot on in this render. The sun glint through the leaves is a nice touch.

The colors aren't pushed too far so you have a nice balance and good rich colors. The browns, greens, blues and reds look nice.

From a composition point of view I think this misses. The tree is serving as a natural frame, but only a part of the bridge is within the frame. The rest of the bridge is blocked by the tree, and you have some empty space in the left of the frame.

If you had got lower to the ground here and maybe taken a couple steps to the left, you could have framed the entire bridge with the tree, lost some of the empty space to the left, and achieved a stronger composition.

Hope that helps. Oh and a side note I think the strongest composition of the set is your third image.

Most reactions

Back