Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Attachments

• $image-2743153596.jpg
    $image-2743153596.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Nice, but I wish the bridge was closer. Either zoomed in a bit or you physically moving closer. The rocks are nice, and the water is nice, but there's no specific subject.

Nice, but I wish the bridge was closer. Either zoomed in a bit or you physically moving closer. The rocks are nice, and the water is nice, but there's no specific subject.

I was thinking the whole scene was the subject. Fore, middle and background.

The fore runs into the middle. Looks all the same. Normally not a bad thing but since they stick up and it is rocks we are seeing way to many rocks through the first 2/3 of the frame. It becomes "busy". The bridge isn't in good enough or shot interestingly enough in detail to really bring it out. So this makes for a bland photo in some ways. The overcast in the sky and desaturated coloring adds to the bland effect. The shot is taken just from a point where it makes the chopped trees obvious. Closer would have avoided this, further back would have given you a tunnel effect. Right where you are isn't the place to be. The two main leading lines left water is stopped in the middle ground. The second the rocks running up the middle of the frame we discussed the rock problem above. The only real appeasing pattern in the frame is the arches of the bridge. Some kind of highlight, sky, more detail in the bridge, less rocks, anything to bring this up a couple levels in happy mood or interest would be a blessing.

I like it. nice pic

Last edited:

Hmm, we'll agree to disagree.

may I? ;)

ok...

I don't think that the bridge should be closer because I don't feel that this is a photo of the bridge. I like those huge rocks...

The thing I would try is a slightly different crop, because I think the photo is a bit heavier on the right side.

looks pretty far out there.
did you see Burt Reynolds pop out of the water with a compound bow?

honestly, im not seeing a lack of a "subject" here.
if anything, i would call the rocks the "subject" and the bridge and trees a scenic background.
or, just take the picture at face value....a nice landscape type shot.

either way...hey man, nice shot.

Hmm, we'll agree to disagree.

We can agree that disagreeing is disagreeable.

That's not right !! lol :mrgreen:

I think it would look better if the trees on the left were cropped out so there's not heavy trees on either side, and helps the eye focus on the rocks and bridge .. versus trees on both sides. And a few tweaks to the exposure in Lightroom. But now the photo with crop doesn't fit in a regular picture frame.

$Runnah1-1.jpg

Actually, it would be alot better if you moved the bridge a little closer :thumbup:

I just edited my first post to give it a more critical and negative tone since you bumped it wanting more. I just cut half the pic and brought up the light and contrast. The trees in the top left seem to balance with the rock on the bottom right. Still don't like the chopped trees but about the best I thought of. your original is actually pretty good. Nothing is perfect. two cent I don't know noth'n..

$14083760267_0d79950d0c_c_1241.JPG

Last edited:
I just edited my first post to give it a more critical and negative tone since you bumped it wanting more. I just cut half the pic and brought up the light and contrast. The trees in the top left seem to balance with the rock on the bottom right. Still don't like the chopped trees but about the best I thought of. your original is actually pretty good. Nothing is perfect. two cent I don't know noth'n..

View attachment 75102
I took the crop the opposite way to keep the nifty water flow on the bottom right and to keep two spans of the bridge. One span just kinda loses my interest.

View attachment 75102
I took the crop the opposite way to keep the nifty water flow on the bottom right and to keep two spans of the bridge. One span just kinda loses my interest.
I went for somewhat of a clear leading line and less rocks overwhelming the frame and tried to find some balance. Really, I don't like either one particularly not much to work with here. His original was pretty good.

Beautiful image! Great work :)

Most reactions

Back