Bridge help

Bryant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was using bridge to view some portraits I took the other day, and to my amazement, the color is totally different in bridge than PS. If I double click and image in Bridge and the image appears in PS, the skin-tone is much more red than the Bridge viewer. Why is this?

I've noticed that the RAW importer writes little data files (XMP) and will use those settings now associated with the file when selected in Bridge. If you are shooting RAW it may be using setting from a previous conversion. Let's see what else,.. Auto white balance? Picture Style?

Otherwise look at the color space your camera is set to use (in the menu), as well as PS color settings under the edit menu, maybe poke around Bridge as well.

Sorry I don't have a direct answer.

-Shea

Picture20.png

That's an screen shot to showthe difference, no editing within Bridge's Camera Raw or anything. My camera wasn't set to any specific settings, all 0's and was shot in Large Jpeg.

At first I thought it might be some screen sync thing, but then I realized there wouldn't be a difference in two programs, but would be noticeable on printed pictures.

That's an screen shot to showthe difference, no editing within Bridge's Camera Raw or anything. My camera wasn't set to any specific settings, all 0's and was shot in Large Jpeg.

At first I thought it might be some screen sync thing, but then I realized there wouldn't be a difference in two programs, but would be noticeable on printed pictures.

There's a setting somewhere in the Bridge menus that tells it to open the image in Photoshop using a different color space than the standard monitor calibration. This makes the image more red. Just find the setting (I'm not on a Mac right now, sorry), and set it to open the image using the standard monitor calibration.

Most reactions

Back