broke my wrist

GoM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
thankfully, it was my left one (im RH)

i was biking along a major road on the bikepath next to it, and a guy in a car turned left. he saw me and stopped, and i saw him and stopped, but my momentum kept me going and i flipped over the handlebars.

they're not 100% sure, they took some xrays which proved inconclusive, so im in a temp. cast for a week, when they'll take it off and re-xray

all i know id 2 things

#1 = OW

#2 = no meaningful photography for 1-6 weeks

i just started shooting for a paper too :(

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Soooo sorry to hear of this Stu. What a 'tough break' (no pun intended) to hurt your wrist right when you're trying to shoot for the paper. Here's hoping the next set of xrays shows it's not actually broken.

That really sucks, Stu. :hug::

I hope it heals quickly. :( And next time don't take the time to chat with me online. :p JUST GET IT LOOKED AT ASAP! :p

That's not good man. Hope everything turns out all right!

5.gif

pascal

I know what that's like. Too many cars just don't pay attention to cyclers. The most satisfying cut off I've ever run into drove a Maseratti. I wonder how much a scratched panel on those is worth.

Get well soon.

Oh $*it! Sorry to hear that, Stu. Get well, bro!...

Hopefully it's not to bad. When I did my ankle a couple of months back, it was in a backslab for a week after which I was walking round on it again - the xrays on that weren't too conclusive either. Hopefully once the initial swelling has gone down it won't be as bad as first feared either. Don't forget, plenty of ice, constriction and elevation works wonders, as does Voltaren and Brufen.

my good god i did not think such a sustained period of intense pain was possible....codeine dies nooooothing

my good god i did not think such a sustained period of intense pain was possible....codeine dies nooooothing

Awwwww!!! :( :hug:: I'm so sorry you're going through that pain, Stu! :( :hug:: I really hope the worst of it passes quickly!

Aww :( seems to be a good time for accidents these days :(

hope you get well soon! something similar happened to me about 15 years ago ... it was not broken, but still extremely painful and took a while to heal.

hope you get better soon!

thanks for the well-wishes, all

i prolly wont be able to shoot for the paper for this weekend at least, but ive roped my friends into letting me do their portraits, which can mostly be done on-handed. also, "light: science & magic" should arrive soon, which'll be great to read

Somehow it is hospital week on TPF, so I think!
Alex tests his limbs against a BMW.
Motcon breaks his leg.
Our Gomer breaks his arm.
Who's next?
C'mon folks, any volunteers?

No, not me! My pinky hurt enough when I broke that one last year in July, it is NOT my turn again! NO!

Sorry for you, I hope it is not a fracture. But if they think it MIGHT be one, be warned ... it COULD very well be one.

And sometimes they let you believe it is just a bruise (my pinky, see?) and it takes them 4 weeks to decide: hey. A fracture! Well, now we can't do anything about it any more... sorry.

yeah, no kidding....chiller could have a field day with the graveyard of our injuries at this point

side note, your pinkie exoerience is looking likely. have an appointment with the fracture clinic next next monday, and they'll take it off and re-asses. first time for everything, eh?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back