broken bones

Hmmm...where to start...

I've broken all eight of my fingers at least once..one time all eight at the same time. My collar bone, three ribs, shattered my left wrist (which costed $30K in laser surgery, paid for with workman's comp) and I have degenerative disc disease in three discs in my lower back.

I think that's about it. :D

hobbes28 said:
Hmmm...where to start...

I've broken all eight of my fingers at least once..one time all eight at the same time. My collar bone, three ribs, shattered my left wrist (which costed $30K in laser surgery, paid for with workman's comp) and I have degenerative disc disease in three discs in my lower back.

I think that's about it. :D

HOBBES WINS!!! Ouch dude! :(

Wile I've never broken a bone myself, I've dealt with lots of them. The level of pain varies greatly dependy on where the fracture is. It also varies from person to person. I've transported 10 year old girls who handle it very well and grown men who cry and whine like you would not believe. Generally speaking, dislocations are more painful than breaks. If you really want to hear someone whine, listen to a dirtbag who's been bitten by a police dog!

I had a horse strike out at me and was lucky enough to get my hand up, but shattered the small bone in 13 places. It hurt less then childbirth :shock:

we need digi matt in here...i think his story takes the cake.

md

Thankfully I have never broken anything... although quite how i'm not sure... I've repeatedly crashed my mountain bike into things (mostly trees) at about the 25-30mph mark and come out relatively unscathed, although I do have a nice collection of scars pretty much everywhere on my legs as a result. The worst pain I've ever experienced however was something that happened to my back, I was never sure exactly what it was but I could barely walk for 2 or 3 days... my dad has a problem with his back too and regularly has pins inserted into his spine and gets microwaved as a form of pain relief, I just hope it isn't hereditory.

Broke my collar bone (clavical?) skiing. Great story too. But it didn't hurt much. Some nagging dull pain and couldn't really do much with that arm. When it happened it was kinda warm.

I've broken a few fingers here and there but the worst fracture I've had was my tibial (shin bone). I was sledding (GT Snow racer) and my leg hit one of those square stumps that they use to block off old roads. The 8" x 8" piece of wood was snapped right in half...so was my leg. I had a cast from toe to hip, then a cast from toe to knee (molded as to disallow the knee to straighten)...then after than I had a plastic brace.

I dislocated my shoulder a few times...that can be painful. I sure can feel the weather now though.

I've never broken anything that I KNOW of...(I think I fractured my wrist when I was in 4th grade, but my negligent parents never took me to the hospital)...but, I've had major knee problems. Starting in 8th grade, my knees (both of them) started dislocating...not just poppin out a little bit, but popping out the the point where I coudn't move and the ambulance had to come and take me to the emergency room. I lost count how many times I actually dislocated my knees, but it was at least 6...and then I've had three surgeries (the first one didn't work) and three doctors, and months of physical therapy. During one of the times I was hobbling around crutches, a close family friend, Mike, was in a motorcycle accident. I can't remember everything he broke, but I do remember he broke his femur. He had a cast from his toes up to his hip. I saw him..it was probably 3 weeks after it happened, and there was STILL a point where he was very, very close to tears...he's not a wuss, either. There have been very few times I've seen a grown man cry, so I really don't wanna ever know the pain he felt. Then...my brother was also in a motorcycle accident..(Calvin on a motorcycle, meets old guy in a SEMI!!!! :shock:)..he broke his plevis and his leg was almost ripped from his body..he's got a whole lotta metal keepin him together now, but he's alive, and he's walking. He was only in intensive care for a month. Hmm...I guess that's all the broken bone stories I have.

Scott WRG Editor said:
I broke an arm once... but it wasn't mine... :shock:

remind me not to annoy you scott :lol:

I have never broken a bone... (I dunno how - cause im so damn accident prone)

I walk into everything - i trip over everything - i fall off everything... you get the point...

But I'm sure it hurt... I cry when I hit my head. lol...

Most reactions

Back