brooklyn bridge

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
from a boat on the hudson:

20707032-L.jpg

yeah, blury buidlings are weird.... good weird tho! Makes it look 3D

Water has a nice crisp look to it, goes well against the buildings in the background

JohnMF said:
yeah, blury buidlings are weird.... good weird tho! Makes it look 3D

Water has a nice crisp look to it, goes well against the buildings in the background

exactly what i was going after...good eye! i kept messing with this because it looked bland as it was. tried different tools and ran across the blur tool. Amanda has me experimenting with ps now and when i started to blur the city, the bridge popped out. looks a bit unreal but i like it.

I had a feeling there was some PS involved, and it does look a tiny bit unreal. But i like it and i think it works well!

Its great the way PS can breathe some new life into a photograph you might not of thought much of at first

How come you're coming up with a pic from NYC???
Isn't DC your domain?

This PS-treated image leaves me unsure of it... which is good, for it makes me look at it longer! Do I like the effect you chose or don't I? This debate adds to the picture, rather than takes from it, so in the end I like it (yet again, what else have I ever said about any JonMikal photo... apart from just ONE so far!?!?!?)

looks like the whole thing is fake. like a miniature or something. like you took a macro shot of a mini-new york

For me it gives a real retro look that I like. Good job. I would try a little fading around the edges to enhance the vintage look.

Eric

This is totally awesome!
I love the conversion to B&W! That goes great with this kind of picture.

I think I would have cropped about a 1/4 of an inch off the bottom, but other than that I love the blur you put on the buildings! :)

Great job as usual! :thumbup:

LaFoto said:
How come you're coming up with a pic from NYC???
Isn't DC your domain?

yep. i have family there.

thanks everyone. i'll look into seeing how these suggestions make it look. i appreciate the help!

JonMikal said:
exactly what i was going after...good eye! i kept messing with this because it looked bland as it was. tried different tools and ran across the blur tool. Amanda has me experimenting with ps now and when i started to blur the city, the bridge popped out. looks a bit unreal but i like it.

how dare you Jon! And I thought it is a real photo! not photoshopped! :D:D you did a great job here... But did you noticed that buildings which are closer to the bridge are more blurred than those which are far on the left side of the picture? :>

mentos_007 said:
But did you noticed that buildings which are closer to the bridge are more blurred than those which are far on the left side of the picture? :>

why of course i did....they sit 4 blocks back further than the ones on the left, so i gave them an extra click or two ;)

I like it :) Glad to see you are enjoying yourself playing with PS too ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back