What's new

Monterey California

denum130 155

TPF Supporters
Joined
Jan 24, 2024
Messages
1,418
Reaction score
1,152
Location
Northern California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to Monterey for a couple days. Plenty to see and experience here as this town, and the surrouinding area, are steeped in history, coastal scenery, great dining, and awesome wildlife.

This is the Bixby Creek Bridge. It actually has been featured in some films
Bixby bridge reduced.webp


This is called Bird Rock for obvious reasons, but seals use it as well.
Bird rock reduced.webp


Plenty of squirrels here at the beach facing Bird Rock. This place is a tourist trap big time, and consequently the squirrels seem to have taken it upon themselves to entertain us.
Squirrel looking left reduced.webp


Putting their affection for each other on full display for all the tourists to see, and to snap their IG and Tik Tok portrait only style shots. Of course, some of these travellers want to be the guy posing in front of the squirrels and there unsues great fanfare when the tour busses show up and unleash their hordes of rude and obnoxious social media fame seekers.
Squirrels nuzzling noses reduced.webp


This beautiful vehicle just kinda came outta nowhere. I had been using my long lens to shoot some birds on Bird Rock, and when done with that I turned around to set my camera on the tailgate of my truck and there was this beautiful car for me to shoot.
Fairlane tuxedo edited 8345.webp


Sunset at Bird Rock beach.
Sunset at Bird rock reduced.webp


Monterey boat docks.
Boat docks reduced.webp


A hazy, foggy seaside vista.
Hazy seaside vista reduced.webp


I haven't bothered to search what this plant is. Just thought it was interesting.
Purple flower edited.webp
 
Lovely set! The B&W shots are the standouts for me. Great work.
 
Wonderful set some outstanding shots
 
A wonderful set of images! Brings back some memories for me, I lived there for 18 months while attending the Defense Language Institute. My newly married wife and I lived in a small garage apartment a block from Cannery Row. Loved driving out to Carmel and Pebble Beach. Those were before my photography days.
 
A wonderful set of images! Brings back some memories for me, I lived there for 18 months while attending the Defense Language Institute. My newly married wife and I lived in a small garage apartment a block from Cannery Row. Loved driving out to Carmel and Pebble Beach. Those were before my photography days.
Thanks Jeff. You lived in a beautiful area for sure.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom