What's new

Brother's Fire Dance - "Fight fire with fire" haha.

bethany138

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 26, 2005
Messages
485
Reaction score
7
Location
Laurel, Mississippi USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are from a recent Order of the Arrow ceremony. (Boy Scouts - Native American Dancing ) This dance was about two brothers fighting to be cheif.

1.
IMG_1699.jpg


2.
IMG_1707.jpg


3.
IMG_1708.jpg




And these are my little brother dancing -

IMG_1652.jpg


IMG_1650.jpg
 
Very cool, 2 & 3 have to be my favorites. That must of been very fun to watch
 
Yeah...it was really cool. They did a great job. I really expected a better response than this though..oh well.
 
all the shots look very nice. the ones with the fire are obviously the most eye catching. How did you shoot them I remember you dicussing your apporach to shooting it and what you should do it seems like for the first three you just let the fire be the lighting in them. I'd be interesting in hear what you ended doing.
 
Well, It ended up that they were so far from me that the flash wasn't reaching them. So - I just tried to do the best I could. I am happy with the results on the fire dance (total suprise to me) .. but I wish I had pushed my iso up a little bit on the other dances.

Thanks for remembering..
b
 
I know that you were worried about the exposures and the fire...these turned out great. The little movement you see in the first set really gives them intensity.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom