Browser's and colour

No, I'm on a pc, but (other than 1.8 gamma) it should work the same. The difference between 1.8 and 2.2 gamma should not be sufficient to cause washed out images.

My working space in photoshop was Adobe rgb, but ive changed it to srgb to see if that made a difference, but it doesnt seem to.

i've also compared other peoples images from this forum displayed in both safari and mozilla, and they appear to have no difference. its just mine

Here is an update this..

I found the answer here

Basically Safari supports a wider range of colours than any other browser, that's why the mozilla looked washed out and faded.

PC users should consider downloading the beta version of safari or waiting for the release of Mozilla 3. It is definately worth it because the difference in colour is clearly noticeable.

That only makes a difference if you are using a wide gamut colour space. Again as mentioned above this is non-standard for anything web related.

Open the image in photoshop click edit -> convert to profile
The settings to preserve all colour ideally for photographs should be:
Destination Profile: sRGB IEC61966-2.1
Engine: Adobe (ACE)
Intent: Perceptual
Use black point compensation should not be checked.

Do NOT use the assign profile menu. This assigns a profile without converting the colour data and image will look dodgy.

Most reactions

Back