Brussels, after the flood ^^

This image has a way of setting the mood and telling a story. It is uncomfortable , and I mean that as a compliment!

Last edited:
Very nice, it does paint us a picture.

So, the age-old question is .... would this image have the same visual and emotional impact without the title? Could this scene just as easily be later in the afternoon after a marathon or street parade in New Orleans?

Very fair question. I can't say for sure what I would think without the title. Having no choice but to see the title before the image, I certainly think seeing the title enhanced my experience with the photograph.
I am new here. I imagine this has been debated at length.

Well done, cool photo

So, the age-old question is .... would this image have the same visual and emotional impact without the title? Could this scene just as easily be later in the afternoon after a marathon or street parade in New Orleans?
In fact: yes.

This photo was taken just after the sunday morning market... you can still see some vegetables and fruits on the ground... just before the cleanup.

But that day it was so misty that you coulnd't see the top of the tower... and the tower is not so big at all, just 150m high.

Most reactions

Back