Bryce Canyon, Utah (8 pix)

Love Bryce and Zion. Bryce is especially neat, but the ground is "slippery" in the sense that it is mostly ground up sandstone and can make both uphill and downhill parts of the trial quite interesting. Still, like you said, well worth the huffing and puffing at the higher elevation. I did my warmups to Bryce by spending a week in Santa Fe.

Love Bryce and Zion. Bryce is especially neat, but the ground is "slippery" in the sense that it is mostly ground up sandstone and can make both uphill and downhill parts of the trial quite interesting. Still, like you said, well worth the huffing and puffing at the higher elevation. I did my warmups to Bryce by spending a week in Santa Fe.
We stopped in Santa Fe on the way back, and took the grandkids to Meow Wolf. Fun place!

Nice shots. Yeah I was worried about the 8000 feet and the breathing. What I didn't expect was that it was so cold it was hailing when we arrived.
Thanks! We've determined that the end of May/beginning of June is the best time of year to visit, weather-wise. I would guess that late September is also nice.

Nice shots - looks an awesome place to go for a hike.
Tellya what about an awesome place to hike. I took an outhouse into Yosemite Nat Park in Calif on a road truck years ago. Went in from Gardinere, Calif. Got just inside the park and wasn't allowed in any further in the road truck so waited while they sent a veh out to unload me and move the outhouse. Waiting I got out and walkek around a bit but couldn't go very far and was out of wind, could barely breethe! Just walked around a little slowly and survived it. leaving the park I went by a sign near the park going doew that claimen I was at 10k feel! No wonder there was no air! Strange feeling running out of air to breethe! I live at about 2500" and plenty of air down here I though. Son brought a Navy buddy home one time that was a firness freak. Took them back up in the hills along the John Day river and darn nearkilled his buddy but didn't bother me. he couldn't believe it was that hard to breeth that high above what was normal for him, sea level! :) I felt like a real stud! :)

That place is awesome. Where’s your picture of Thor’s hammer?

Fantastic set! What a gorgeous place. That first shot really captures the immense nature of the canyons.

My cheater trick for photo hiking canyons or waterfalls where you have to climb down first then up a steep trail or a ton of stairs - I don’t stop to take any pics on the way down. I make all my photo stops on the way back up. If I call them photo stops instead of rest breaks it doesn’t make me feel so out of shape.

Fantastic set! What a gorgeous place. That first shot really captures the immense nature of the canyons.

My cheater trick for photo hiking canyons or waterfalls where you have to climb down first then up a steep trail or a ton of stairs - I don’t stop to take any pics on the way down. I make all my photo stops on the way back up. If I call them photo stops instead of rest breaks it doesn’t make me feel so out of shape.
Thank you! I' going to be doing a lot more "photo stops" from now on... 😂

These are great! I always wanted to visit Bryce.

These are great! I always wanted to visit Bryce.
Thank you! Now I have the bug and want to go back each year and rent a cabin for a few days in the area. The top of the rim area is pine forest, and we found the temps in early June to be absolutely gorgeous.

Reactions: pez

Most reactions

New Topics

Back