Buffalo River AR

MHarvey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took a trip with my close friend to the Buffalo River in Arkansas. Very beautiful place, and a great vacation. We floated for two days from Pruitt to Woolumn, would have stayed 2 nights had our tent been able to keep us dry from storms :lol: that was a cold night.. But I managed to shoot a few photographs with a Canon EOS 40D. I'm Still getting the hang of the camera, and getting better with every shot. Hopefully the next time I go I will be able to truly capture the beauty of this place​

IMG_0082-1.jpg

This one was originally going to be part of a panoram, I didn't even notice that little tree until reveiwing the photo later. It's in black and white with the tree and surrounding growth left in its original state.​

IMG_0082.jpg

Here is the Original

IMG_0146.jpg

This is our campsite. I waded into the water to get this one. The water felt so good on my sunburned shoulders I put the camera up and sat in the water for a while :D

IMG_0147.jpg

I liked this one. Not sure what it is about it.​

IMG_0149.jpg
A picture of me holding dinner. I look alot more excited about that corned beef hash then i really was

IMG_0131.jpg

Turkey Vultures on the ground pecking at a turtle. I got a nice shot of one flying that I havn't got up yet

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0136-1.jpg

I missed my opportunity with the green heron. He's not in focus. But Would have been a cool pic if he was.​

Everywere you looked there was a photo opportunity. I missed alot due to
rain, but still think I made it out with a few good shots. I'll try to put up some of the panorams I shot while I was there as soon as they are ready.​

any c&c is certainly welcome. hope you like em!​

Last edited:
Very cool. I live within an hour and a half of the Buffalo, and it is beautiful. I'm glad not very many people know about how beautiful Arkansas is, or else it would become overcrowded.

I like the last shot. The canoes provide good perspective. And the one with the tree is cool. Usually I'm not a fan of selective color, but this shot is tastefully done and doesn't look very processed like some do. Of course, I'm just a beginner, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

:)

Thanks! I have been through that part of Arkansas several times on the way to Branson or Lake Taneycomo, but never actually stopped to look. I'd like to go back and hike on the upper portion between Ponca and Erbie in the future

Most reactions

Back