What's new

Bugs!

spake01

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Location
Chattanooga, TN
The two main things I'm currently researching and working on is achieving better (more appropriate for the photograph) DOF and better lighting.

Here's some samples of some that are among my "best" from the past several months ("best" isn't saying too much, but better than they used to be).

Any comments, critiques, etc. are always appreciated!

Tarantula - Acanthoscurria geniculata
P1080174Small.jpg


Tarantula Spiderling - Aphonopelma crinirufum
Spiders888Small.jpg


Tarantula - Cyriocosmus elegans
P1070311Small.jpg


Scorpion - Centruroides vitattus
P1030289.jpg


Centipede - Scolopendra subspinipes "Mau Chau"
Spiders033Small.jpg
 
Oh, you should add a warning in your title that this thread is DEFINITELY not suitable for any arachnophobes. Else Mentos might find her way in here and die of a heart attack ;)!!!
 
the scorpian pic is cool, love its detail
 
Very cool, what lense are you using? Im guessing not a macro. I've been getting into the same sort of concept lately, but mostely insects, but am struggling with my lenses, I'm very very keen on buying the Canon 100mm F/2.8 Macro.

Check out these images by Igor Siwanowicz, the most recent photos have been taken with the Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro, he has some very interesting work. http://blepharopsis.deviantart.com/
 
siphoto said:
Very cool, what lense are you using? Im guessing not a macro. I've been getting into the same sort of concept lately, but mostely insects, but am struggling with my lenses, I'm very very keen on buying the Canon 100mm F/2.8 Macro.

Check out these images by Igor Siwanowicz, the most recent photos have been taken with the Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro, he has some very interesting work. http://blepharopsis.deviantart.com/

No, not a macro. :( Just the standard "Lumix" lense that came with the camera (Panasonic FZ-20).

There is a macro setting on the camera, but if I use the onboard flash, it makes it all but worthless.
 
spake01 said:
No, not a macro. :( Just the standard "Lumix" lense that came with the camera (Panasonic FZ-20).

There is a macro setting on the camera, but if I use the onboard flash, it makes it all but worthless.

Well maybe use that Macro setting and experiment with lighting other then your flash.
 
LaFoto said:
Oh, you should add a warning in your title that this thread is DEFINITELY not suitable for any arachnophobes. Else Mentos might find her way in here and die of a heart attack ;)!!!

Agreed. *shutter*
 
I apologize to any arachnophobes. :(

One more that I tried last night...Not as sharp as I'd like

P1110269Small.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom