Building shots, C&C greatly appreciated

Xavi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone! I have a few photos here I would like some C&C on. These were shot a few months ago but just didn't get around to posting them up before. Be as honest and blunt as you'd like. Thanks for your time and take care.

Shot with Nikon D40x 18-135mm.

1. Downtown Los Angeles

Manual: F/7.1, Exposure Time 1/250 sec, ISO 200

DSC_0039-1.jpg

2. California Science Center

Aperture Priority: F/5.6, Exposure Time 1/200 sec, ISO 100

17-1.jpg

3. Westwood Village

Manual: F/4, Exposure Time 1/400 sec, ISO 160

WestwoodBuilding-X.jpg

I like #1, not so sure that the other two do much for me though. I think on #3 you cut off too much of the lower part of the structure.

I think that maybe this type of shot needs a lot of research into what the light does at sunrise and sunset, reflections in windows etc. This type of shot always looks a bit uninteresting without good light.

fiveoboy01: Thank you very much for your time. Is there a specific way that you would've approached the last shot fiveoboy01? Any advice would be great. Personally, the last picture for me was the hardest to decide on how to take. I wanted to make sure and get that front part of the building because of the outline of a cross there without cutting out too much of the rest of the building out. I agree I may have cut too much of the lower part though. Perhaps I'll go back and try it again. Thanks again

PHILLIP MAC: Thanks for the advice!! I will definitely take a closer look at the things you mentioned and start to experiment on my next outing. take care

Provo: Thanks for the comment Provo, take care

Keep the C&C coming guys! Thanks again for stopping by to take a look.

Really not sure without seeing the rest of what was there. As I look at it more, I have warmed up a bit to the image, but I still feel that there is something missing, and I'm left wondering what the rest of the building looks like, mainly the part that is cut off by the bottom of the frame.

Really not sure without seeing the rest of what was there. As I look at it more, I have warmed up a bit to the image, but I still feel that there is something missing, and I'm left wondering what the rest of the building looks like, mainly the part that is cut off by the bottom of the frame.

Here is one with a little bit more of the bottom just to get ya an idea of what was there. I didn't like this one because it was very tightly framed and didn't get the whole cross outline. I wonder if I should've kept the portrait perspective and re-shot from this angle. What do you think?

DSC_0106portrait-1.jpg

Most reactions

Back