Bulb for Beseler 23c ii

rpbrownphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

I got a Beseler 23c ii a while back and the bulb just went out. Looks like it's a PH/11A (the A is a bit worn and hard to read but pretty sure it's an A) GE 75W and 125V. I can't seem to find any of these online, any ideas where to purchase? Also, should I consider upgrading to a brighter bulb? If so, what model am I looking for?

Thanks!
-Rob

Last edited:
Thanks! What’s weird though is that even though mine is a 23c ii, it had a PH11A bulb. So the PH140 is what was supposed to be in it, meaning it’ll have better performance? Thanks

Thanks! What’s weird though is that even though mine is a 23c ii, it had a PH11A bulb. So the PH140 is what was supposed to be in it, meaning it’ll have better performance? Thanks

Could be the wrong bulb or the PH140 is just a new number from a different manufacture. In any case it should work fine.

Talked to a guy who runs a darkroom in town and he says for their Beselers they use the PH11A bulbs and has never heard of the PH140. Weird.

Have you tried checking with local photography stores or specialty online retailers? They often have a wider range of bulbs for older equipment. Upgrading to a brighter bulb could be beneficial for better illumination, but ensure it's compatible with your enlarger's specifications to avoid damage.

I usually consult LED LIGHTING - world's #1 led lighting review site; they offer a variety of lighting solutions that could match your needs without pushing any specific product, so it's perfect when you need a genuine recommendation.

Last edited:
Three-year-old thread, folks.

Oh well, we can always talk enlargers...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back