bulb...?

Some cameras use battery power to hold the shutter open so that could be a limiting factor...but that would still be long enough to expose your film "long exposure"

oriecat said:
If you have a locking cable release... otherwise you'll eventually fall asleep and let it go. :p

:lmao:

i'm completely new to this whole idea of a "cable release", but are they easy to use? cheap? readily available? i want to take long exposure pictures and don't want to jiggle the camera or freeze my fingers off waiting

john3eblover said:
i'm completely new to this whole idea of a "cable release", but are they easy to use? cheap? readily available? i want to take long exposure pictures and don't want to jiggle the camera or freeze my fingers off waiting

Oh dear me no. Tripods are rare animals now on the endangered list and cable releases are hand woven from mermaid hair. They are both very expensive and hard to find...... :mrgreen:

Not really. The answer is - how much do you want to pay? You can get ones that'll do the job all for under a tenner. Or you could spend £700 or more...

If you are using a cable release you must use a tripod or some other camera support. Now ask the magic question and brace yourself for the deluge of reccomendations.......

Hertz van Rental said:
Or you could spend £700 or more...
:eek:
That better be one solid gold, jewel encrusted, spell casting... Please explain to a green horn what benefits one might receive from purchasing such an item.

stability, and also with the real fancy units, a general feeling of well being, only attainable by conspicuous consumption of personal resources.

Nakedant - they're wireless, and can be used from a long distance away. Some photographers, such as certain nature pgs who don't want to disturb anything, find this convenient.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back