Burnt Out sometimes

crzyfotopeeple

Vanimal
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ever feel just generally burnt out and long for a change?
Material possessions are great, but they are only that. The house, the cars, the stuff, all......the stuff. You know all the things we are supposed to work to obtain to be happy.
Oh, and the debt. Is it not sometimes a prison of sorts. The debt, the credit card offers, special financing, pay on it for the next 30 years.
I don't know... Sometimes I just want to go outside and scream. Primal scream, what are we really missing. Hell, I can't even see the night sky anymore, we have blotted it out for the sake of convenience, the never ending goal to light all the things around us while drowning out the light of the heavens.
Just a rant. Nothing more.

Just go outside and shoot some pictures.
Good point. Probably should make time to do that more often. Or possibly meditation, I have been thinking of experimenting with that approach lately.

Meditation is wonderful. It's also very challenging. That's why, as part of the 8 limbs of yoga, it comes in as #7. Yoga is a progressive practice, and the real reason for asana (the yogic poses or postures) is simply to prepare your body as well as your mind to settle in for meditation. Trying to sit and quiet the mind without some kind of physical exertion first can cause you to give up in frustration, and abandon the very thing that can help you the most. :)

So, if you're not interested in learning any yoga postures, at the very least take a walk first before you sit. And be patient. Yoga is essentially learning self-control of one's mind, how to let go of the "stuff" that's causing you such stress right now. My best advice would be to try looking for local classes (caution: avoid crap like hot yoga) and meditation or yoga nidra should be offered, too. It will help with your stress, I guarantee it.

I'll just put this here.

CONTENTMENT

"A MAN IS ABOUT AS HAPPY AS HE MAKES HIS MIND UP TO BE."
Abe Lincoln

Here's a story about a rich industrialist, who one day while out walking
became disturbed to find a fisherman sitting idly by his boat, and so he
asked, "Why aren't you out there fishing?"

"Because I've caught enough fish for today," was the reply.

"Why don't you catch more fish then you need?" asked the rich man.

"What would I do with them?"

"You could earn more money and buy a better boat and catch more fish. You
could purchase nylon nets, catch even more fish, and make more money. Soon
you'd have a fleet of boats and be rich like me."

'Then what would I do?" asked the fisherman.

"You could sit down and enjoy life."

"What do you think I'm doing now?" the fisherman replied.

Most reactions

Back