Burst Photo Printing

barich16cmu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a Sony DSC-W7 and recently took a 16 shot burst sequence of my little cousin breaking her first board in karate class. I was trying to print these and the only way that I could find was to print all 16 pictures one after the other. Is there any way to print just one of the 16 pictures to an 8x10 size. Thanks in advance.

Do you have 16 separate image files? Or are they in some sort of video file type.

If they are image files, there should be no reason that you couldn't print just one. If it's a video file, you may need a software that will extract an image file from the video...but the quality may not be good enough to get a clean 8x10 print.

I have not yet looked at it myself, but my aunt said they are 16 separate image files but cant figure out a way to get them "apart". It should be big enough for an 8x10 because it was a 7 megapixel camera. I dont know if this helps.

they are 16 separate image files but cant figure out a way to get them "apart".

Can you not just acces the card and extract them? When you d/l them to your computer what format are they.

Well if there are 16 image files, tell her to open just the one she wants, with whatever image software, and print it. It sounds like her problem may be with the printing process and not with the image or the camera etc.

I'm only concerned about the 8x10 because the camera may not have been set to maximum size & resolution for burst mode. If it was "movie" mode, the quality surely would not be as good as a full resolution still image.

many cameras have a "burst mode". My old nikon coolpix 885 was a 3mega pixel but when selecting the ultra high shooting mode (35fps for 2secs) the images were set to 640x 480 i think....definitely no where near the 2048 x 1536 the camera could shoot in.
The image may not be printable at decent quality becuase of this. It should though be fairly easy to extract or view a single image from the sequence.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back