Bus Graveyard

waiting for more....

Well I just went back this morning. I got there around 6am and spent just over 3 hours there. I wouldn't be surprised if I got Malaria or West Nile from the amount of mosquitoes there were :lol:. I started out just by exploring the buses like last time.

1960s International Truck by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Bus by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Bus Doors by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Mercury Truck by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Mercury Interior by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Ford Diesel by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Then I wandered further and further into the woods. Eventually I stumbled across a water tower, a lookout, an old, I'm assuming, garage and a few other things. It is definitely a creepy, creepy place and the few animal skeletons I saw (not photographed) do not help.
Water Tower by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Nature Fights Back by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
garage1 by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Garage by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Nature Fights Back by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

I salute your bravery if you went on those stairs... Wow. I also really, really love the framing on the front of the bus. It really adds to the mood of something that's been thrown away and the theme of nature taking over. The interior shot, I love that one, but one small thing bugs me-the highlights on that pillar are now gray and don't quite look right. Not sure what can be done to fix that (I have a feeling you were trying to fix a problem spot), but just a small thing, really. Unless that's just gray paint and I'm wrong, which we all know is entirely possible. :lol:

I did go up those stairs. That's the little look out tower that I have no idea what it's for. Also that one piller is Grey, but that is where the sun was shining so it makes it look even brighter.

I like the blue in the first two. The blue colors make it look so horror-movie-like. While, the shadows make it look more terrifying, I think that maybe the first pic could benefit from HDR.

Also, your description made it even more scary! I'm a transit (bus and rail) fan, so I can really get a lot out of these pics, which are worth more than a thousand words.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back