Photos NOT OK to edit
D850
f/2.5
ISO 64
1/320 Sec.
50 mm - f/1.8G

(Processed In LR & Color Efex Pro 4.)

20180616-untitled-15-Edit-Edit.jpg

I shot this between 6:00 AM & 7:00 AM this morning.

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Enezdez

I like the little 39th Ave and Union Street that's just inside the right-hand border of the image. On-screen on my iMac, this image displays as about seven or so inches wide, and as such does not reveal much detail in the faces of the seven people...this is the type of photo that looks better when seen at large size. Overall, it has a decent balance, but it looks a little bit low-contrast in terms of local contrast...the lighting ratio is wide, as is normal, but the image is slightly "flat" in some areas.

To me, a west coast native, this scene represents a part of New York, a scene that does not have any real significance to me,personally. I think the body language of the figures is interesting, but cannot literally "see what they're doing" at this on-screen size. This is a big problem when we take a large image, and shrink it down to fit into this site's web-based format...some pictures simply demand to be seen large, and this is a great example of that. I would say that, from appearances, this shot has some good elements, some good stuff, and perhaps is seen say, on a 30- to 50-inch wide screen, would really be more interesting than when it's been reduced to seven inches across.

I like the little 39th Ave and Union Street that's just inside the right-hand border of the image. On-screen on my iMac, this image displays as about seven or so inches wide, and as such does not reveal much detail in the faces of the seven people...this is the type of photo that looks better when seen at large size. Overall, it has a decent balance, but it looks a little bit low-contrast in terms of local contrast...the lighting ratio is wide, as is normal, but the image is slightly "flat" in some areas.

To me, a west coast native, this scene represents a part of New York, a scene that does not have any real significance to me,personally. I think the body language of the figures is interesting, but cannot literally "see what they're doing" at this on-screen size. This is a big problem when we take a large image, and shrink it down to fit into this site's web-based format...some pictures simply demand to be seen large, and this is a great example of that. I would say that, from appearances, this shot has some good elements, some good stuff, and perhaps is seen say, on a 30- to 50-inch wide screen, would really be more interesting than when it's been reduced to seven inches across.

Thanks!

Yes I totally agree @Derrel a bigger screen will give you more detail... To me this shot represents a sort of broken dreams similar like the famous image, these poor folks are waiting for the bus to go to work & it's early Saturday morning...additionally, I do find their body language interesting but since we can't really make out their faces it can be anyone of us who is the unlucky "schmendrick."

Thanks Again, I really appreciate it!

Enezdez

Nice shot. Brings back memories. I used to live a few blocks from there about 45 years ago. Flushing's become very oriental. You don't have to go to Chinatown in Manhattan to get the flavor and great food.

If it wasn't for the modern clothing, this pic has a very 70's feel to it, especially with the color of the light. I like it.

Nice shot. Brings back memories. I used to live a few blocks from there about 45 years ago. Flushing's become very oriental. You don't have to go to Chinatown in Manhattan to get the flavor and great food.

Glad I was able to bring back fond memories!

If it wasn't for the modern clothing, this pic has a very 70's feel to it, especially with the color of the light. I like it.

Thank you both for your kind words, "Happy Tuesday!"

Cheers,

Enezdez

Most reactions

New Topics

Back