Buses and stuff

tempra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.artzam.com
Went to the local bus museum yesterday, not something I'd do out of choice normally, but I had to amuse the kids somehow. It brought back memories of the old buses that I used to catch as a kid going to school, and one in particular that was a showbus that used to do regular route work along with going to shows. You could spot it a mile away as it was the only one that was still in the original corporation colours whilst every other bus had turned to a sickly orange colour, a working machine full of chrome and aluminium and that you could hear the diesel engine and gearbox working on and used to make your head tickle when you put it against the windows when it was stopped at the bus stop.

Well here's a few pictures that I took that sort of reminded me of my childhood, I thought I'd convert them to B&W as we didn't have colour in those days ;)

bus1.jpg

bus2.jpg

bus3.jpg

bus4.jpg

bus5.jpg

bus6.jpg

bus7.jpg

And a very very rare one....

me.jpg

Thanks for looking.

good eye, i really like the first and third one!

I like this entire series! The crispness fascinates me in all these photos!!! Very much so!

Am I to pick a favourite?
Hmph. Hard to do. Three favourites, please!
2, 5 and 6.

And the one that shows YOU! :)
I hope I'll get to see you in person on the 20th of August!!! In Saffron Walden! At 10:30h, ok?

Thanks for all the great comments, they are much appreciated!

LaFoto, you should get to see me in person on the 20th, and I'm looking forward to meeting you, it seems that you like the ones I do most, especially number 5 - I think that one is going in a frame, don't know why, but I like it.

I think the last one should go in the bloopers section :D

Nice series! I like #2, 5, 7 and 8.

Which lens, if I may ask?

danalec99 said:
Thanks.. ISO400?

Yes, and If I remember correctly all at f4 - varying focal lengths though.

All shot with natural light, it was indoors, but there were quite clean skylights in the place.

Most reactions

Back